“Average”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two days on a weekend deal and I'm glad I didn't pay the full price as I'd be left disappointed. The hotel probably aims towards the conference / business side and so for us as tourists if you like, felt quiet sole-less to us however as it was for two nights, wasn't so bad. The hall ways leading to the bedrooms felt tired, as did some of the furniture in the bedrooms and dining room. Breakfast and evening meals were good, however the price of the wine was a rip-off especially for the brand and quality. A nice feature was the help yourself to hot drinks, biscuits and fruit in reception, and there is a computer section also. Word of warning, if you have anything added to your room, double check your bill on check-out as you may get stung for items you haven't ordered or items you did order billed twice which happened to us and the end bill being £200+ more than what it should have been. Overall an average stay, did the trick for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park.

I am glad you enjoyed the food while you were here. Unfortunately, the bar prices are set as a group, some of which can be a little higher than prices you may find in a bar or pub.

I am working with our maintenance team to freshen up all the public areas and corridors in the venue as you are correct, they are getting a little tired. We have also placed an order for new dinning room chairs.

I am sorry there was errors on your bill at check out and I hope this was resolved for you at the time. If this is not the case, please contact the hotel and ask to speka to me directly.

There are newer reviews for De Vere Staverton Estate

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here this week as I was moved from my original hotel choice due to flooding.

Have had many marketing e-mails from the hotel but this was my first stay.

The hotel really focuses on conferences and therefore doesn't have the same feel as many other 4 star venues and the reception area has a "cold" feel to it.

The rooms are ok without being luxurious but the TV is positioned very poorly being embedded into the wall meaning you cannot watch it easily while working at the desk. My TV appeared to have had someone try to wrench it from the wall and the frame was a little worse for wear.

I was given a twin room, prefer a double and the bed was too soft for my liking.

Room service menu was quite restrictive in choice but as an interesting touch promised food delivered in take away cartons for speed and authenticity. I must have been out of luck as my dinner took 45 minutes and wasn't in a carton, maybe that was the problem !

The bar gets very busy and is a good place to watch sport on a large screen TV but it des get noisy.

The hotel also boasts a golf course and leisure centre, I didn't use either but they seemed popular.

It was interesting to try somewhere new and no reason to suggest I wouldn't stay again.

Oh, final point and nice touch....they have free WiFI and the connection seemed to work fine unlike many places I've stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us but that we failed to wow you with our offerings and customer service.

Although we are a conference venue, we do offer lesuire facilities and breaks, so I will certainly be passing on yoru comments to the team here.

The reception area is a large space and we have been looking for ways to soften this. We have added plants and soft seating as a starting point.

The maintenance will be looking at the TV in your room to ensure the frame is repaired or replaced.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future to show you what great customer service we offer.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Upgraded to a Contemporary Room for an extra £15 per night which was well worth it for the extra sitting area space. Flat screen TV but only the most basic of channels not even the full Freeview list. Friendly staff who provided free plasters when my partner got a blister on her foot. Free coffee machines throughout the hotel that made decent cappuccinos. However, it would have been nice to have drinking chocolate as an option.

Breakfast was good, with the eggs (and possibly the bacon & sausages?) coming from the local farm shop. Certainly everything tasted very nice. We ate once in the restaurant in the evening. Three course buffet for £15. Plenty of it and very tasty. Note that the atmosphere can be a bit lacking. The restaurant has hardwood floors and a low ceiling which makes it very noisy and a bit like eating in a works canteen. Also at breakfast time you notice the lack of natural light if you are not sat by a window.

Swimming pool, sauna & steam room were all a bonus, although the Jacuzzi was temporarily out of action due to high chlorine levels the day we tried it. Note that the leisure complex is a few hundred yards from the hotel reception.

Room Tip: The design on the hotel means there is a lot of traffic along the main corridor to reception so if y...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park. I am glad you were able to make use of the facilities available and apologise for the jaccuzzi beign out of action. We worked hard as a team to rectify this as soon as posisble.

I will be passing on your kind comments regarding the food as it is always nice to hear positive comments, especially after all the work the team have put in to improve the offering.

With regards to the TV's, we are limited on free-view signal and I am working with our head office to assist in improving this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

booked this hotel on weekend deal. rooms very modern,clean and functional. breakfast excellent everything available. free coffee,biscuits and fruit available in reception. on the down side the hotel did not reply to our emails before we arrived, the cost of a bottle of wine in the bar and dissappointed with the set menu in the restaurant in the evening. would eat at the local pub next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park.

I am sorry your emails were not replied to prior to your stay. I will be speaking to my senior team here to ensure the correct contact details are available on the website and easily accessible for guests.

I am dissapointed that you were not satisfied with the menu choice in the restaurant. I will be reviewing all our offerings and menus with the head chef to ensure they are exciting, appealing and fresh, as they should be.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at the De Vere Staverton Park Hotel for one night as part of a business trip. Overall I was happy with the stay however it was nothing special. If there was a category between very good and average it would have been that. I feel average is a bit harsh however I didn't feel it justified very good. I probably wouldn't stay again as I feel £90 room only is too expensive for this hotel.

The welcome and service from both reception and the restaurant were very good, no faults there at all.

The room was fairly well equipped however I did find the room very cold which the heater didn't really help with, in fact I thought the temperature around the whole hotel was a bit cold. The bed was fairly comfy and the room was very clean however.

The food in the restaurant was ok at best, a self service buffet is never amazing and as I ate later in service many things had been sitting under hot plates or on the sides for too long and had gone a bit dry. Also choice was quite small for a restaurant in a hotel this size. Breakfast was also self service and again was average.

The leisure facilities were fairly good, the gym was a little basic though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Staverton Park.

I am glad you experienced good service throughout the venue, this is alway so important to us at De Vere Venues.

I will certianly be passing on your comments to our kitchen team as the food on the buffet should alway be fresh and well stocked.

The venue can be cold on occasions and I am working with my maintenance manager to ensure we can regulate the temperature better.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Staverton Park in the future.

General Manaer

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Found this hotel under De Vere's special rooms for £20 promotion, and booked a couple of rooms . Accommodation was fine though a little bit functional and missed some of the nice touches you find in other chains. The place itself is similar to a conference centre with a central reception, restaurant and bar area. Nice to be able to help selves to free tea and coffee facilities plus small snacks which was a nice touch. Had a lovely carvery on the Sunday night and breakfast was self service and ample ,and you can have what you like. Highlight was the Black Pudding. Visited the driving range which was good and reasonably priced and my wife went in the pool, which was fairly small. Overall the break worked well, and in particular we could connect to the free wi-fi, which the kids appreciated.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at Staverton Park. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and that you and your family were able to make use of the facilities we have on offer.

I will be passing on your kind comments regarding the food to the kictchen team. They have ben working hard to make improvements and I am so happy we are heading in the right direction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Staverton Park in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Great place for a business meeting. Meeting rooms had AC and plenty of free coffee machines dotted around. Also breakout and quiet areas with fruit and biscuits juice water etc etc.
there are also Apple iMacs for Internet access etc.

My room was good clean and had everything you could need. The only drawback really is location. It's about 7miles to the M1 with not a lot around it if you want to go out.

The bar had a pool table and I nearly won a game of killer but fell short :-(. I don't suppose it would be fair to blame the hotel for my pool playing skills.

Breakfast has a good hot selection but if you want a decent bowl of fresh fruit your going to have to take a couple of glasses (yep glasses) of fruit and pop them into a bowl and add your yogurt etc. not sure why the don't have bowls.

Endless coffee from friendly staff make for a good start to the day.

• Stayed: April 2013
Alan W, General Manager at De Vere Staverton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay and meeting with us at Staverton Park.

I am glad you found all our facilities useful and that you were able to take advantage of these.

The area around the venue is quiet, but I hope we are able to offer everything guests may need to counter the location.

I am yet to win a game of pool in the bar (although I don't play that often) so I understand your dissapointment there!!

I have taken on board your comments regarding the fresh fruit at breakfast and I will be assessing this with my food and beverage team to see if there is a better option.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Staverton Park in the near future.

Alan Whiteley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
The Windmill at Badby
Highgate House Hotel
Highgate House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Creaton

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!