“Peaceful place to stay”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at the StavertonPark hotel on a Friday night and expected it to be a busy noisy place as it has club facilities. I was so surprised at how peaceful it actually was. I stayed in a lovely room really big and spacious with excellent mirror facilities and a huge comfy bed. My only criticism of the room was the lighting which was poor over the mirror areas and in the bathroom. Breakfast and the evening dinner was very good hot and fresh. The staff were really helpful and very professional. Car parking good. The facilities for leisure is great and from a business point of view perfect for our needs. I would stay here again for leisure, also would recommend it highly to others

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmad23
Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very satisfied with the service and quality of room. For the money you pay its excellent value.

There is such a mixed batch of reviews on Trip Advisor, so I think the hotel has an older and a newer part, so people are having mixed experiences.

Someone just needs to inject a bit of passion back into the hotel though. A desire to give people a good holiday. Where was the venue map? It’s a huge site but there wasn’t a map anywhere to say where anything was. It was lucky at the last minute I found a stapled piece of paper our room key came in that gave details about how to dial reception/room service etc. Normally there is a folder in the room to say where everything is.

The room was quite stuffy as the window only opened a certain amount. I would have expected a venue of this size to have AC or even a simple fan.

The staff we encountered were lovely. When we arrived in our room, we had a broken lamp and no toilet paper (which isn’t really acceptable on the grand scheme of things) however, both issues were fixed within half an hour. We were impressed.

We had dinner in the restaurant which was lovely. The breakfasts were good as well. The spa facilities were great. Again, a map would have been great so we could actually find them! I think the staff is probably fed up with being bothered with simple questions that could be answered with simple attention to detail with Guest information.

I think if we'd paid full price we would have been disappointed but the fact we got it on a summer deal, made it very good value and we were happy with the experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisybabes
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We paid £19 per room, per night. We thought this was excellent value, especially as we could use all the spa facilities. Before we went, we looked at the tripadvisor reviews and many seemed negative and disappointing. The staff were so friendly and happy to help during the stay. The bar was quite expensive though. The rooms were clean, spacious and a bit scruffy but for £19 it was still excellent value. The driving range was a great cheap way to spend a few hours. We went for the evening meal which was £10 per person for 2 courses. The food was very average, especially the potatoes and the vegetarian pasta. Nice quality vegetables though! The starters were very impressive and had a large range of different foods - yummy breaded mushrooms. Overall, very pleased with the trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LB93_12
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nice enough hotel, but not quite up to 4 star.

Room okay, toiletries in short supply (one small shower gel/shampoo per person, one tiny piece of soap each), not even a box of tissues or a shower cap. They can probably be requested, but I don't check into a 4 star hotel and have to ask for a shower cap!! Tea and coffee making & TV. Room clean and bed comfortable.

Evening meal and breakfast both quite good, with friendly, efficient waiters. We booked in for dinner, bed and breakfast. At breakfast we gave our room number, went to sit down and the guy on the door came chasing after us and said we would have to pay for breakfast. We showed him our booking details and he apologized, but that should never happen in such a hotel. In the Reception area was a welcome touch - a decent coffee machine with several varieties of tea and coffee plus a cold water dispenser, both available 24 hours a day.

The grounds are nice, there is also an attached golf course with restaurant, bar, swimming pool and spa. Plenty of free car parking (which is getting harder and harder to find these days).

Reception could be better, staff quite offhand. Each time we went to Reception we had to stand waiting for a little while whilst the couple of staff on duty were either talking or on the phone. We arrived early and were told to come back at 2.00 pm without any mention of what we could do in the meantime so we mooched around between the hotel (hardly any public seating area at all) and the golf course bar.

The hotel is quite near Daventry. We went there on the Saturday afternoon and it is a very nice, busy little town.

We have stayed at De Vere hotels before and must say we were rather disappointed at the lack of facilities in the bedrooms, shortage of lounge areas and attitude of Reception staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Annechad
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Upon check in I handed my credit card for swiping to the receptionist and he told me that I didn't need to do it, that everything would be sorted out on check out. I asked him to check if breakfast was included in our booking and he told me it was. We got to our room but there was no hotel info anyhere...no meal times, swimming pool opening hours, check out times etc. Got our swimming things but had no idea where the pool was so had to ask at reception. It's a big complex and it was quite a walk to the pool. The pool was great, the changing rooms were small,but as it wasn't busy that was ok. After our swim we went straight to the bar to order some food. We asked to put our food and drinks on our bill but were told 'no' because my credit card hadn't been swiped. I explained what the receptionist had told me, but was told to go and get my credit card before I could order.Now, the hotel is quite big, I am disabled and there are no lifts, so I was not happy to go all the way to my room and back as I was tired after my swim, and so we decided to give the food a miss.
The room was comfy and clean except for a large stain on the ceiling and the walls were thin and it was very noisy. The breakfast was ok and the waiters were good but when I went to check out I met THE RUDEST receptionist!!! She really gave the impression that she didn't want to be there and then got quite stroppy when I queried my bill (they had added 2 breakfasts on). She was brusque did eventually drop the extra charges but it made me feel uncomfortable. Not a good attitude for a receptionist.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fleur98
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A group of us went to Staverton Park on Saturday 8th September for a long weekend for a local wedding. When we arrived we were told by a very rude receptionist, (who had far to much attitude for a Saturday afternoon) that we could not check in, that we should go away and come back later. When we went back, we were served by a different member of staff, as we had a special rate for the night of the wedding, (we had to book one online and one with the wedding planner) the bookings were not linked as they said they would be, they tried to charge us more for the second night, so check in took us about 30 minutes! Once we had got to the room, we were far from impressed, the coving in the room had previously been damaged, the new piece had been put up, with black screws in, looking ugly and unfinished, a complete eyesore! The wardrobe, although spacious had one door with only two hinges attached, leaving it difficult to open and close. Other than these few issues, the room was sufficient and spacious. The bathroom was fairly clean, the shower and bath excellent. The view from the room was rubbish, looking out over rooms in the hotel. It was fery loud at night, thin walls and lots of banging doors. The family members we were with paid for an Executive Suite, this was awful, they were on the ground floor, the window would not shut as it was rotten and they had hinges missing off their wardrobe doors too. The hotel was modern, clean with good facilities, free tea and coffee in reception, nice seating areas, a nice bar (but not enough staff) the breakfast was Ok, not really worth the money paid, not a huge selection of food, the hot option was cold, however they did keep it replenished quickly whilst it was very busy. The grounds of the hotel were lovely, we had a nice walk and were able to play a little golf. When we came to check out, we were served by the original member of staff who again, was very rude to us. Mainly due to her attitude and the appearance of our room I would not recommend this hotel to people who are looking for accommodation,  it was not worth the money that we paid.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get value for money!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alison R
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Spent one night with 2 rounds of golf with golf society. Very good food and enjoyable golf. Hotel was busy but service good as was the food. Rooms were clean and well furnished, the bar had some beers on special offer which were quite good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!