“Fantastic value for money”

De Vere Staverton Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a fabulous weekend at the DeVere Staverton Park. Our room was very well presented, warm and overlooking the golf course. We had drinks and lunch in the bar and a great meal in the restaurant in the evening (two courses for £15). We had free use of the gym, which we pretty much had to ourselves and every member staff was friendly and helpful. We paid £29 for our room and I failed to find fault with the hotel, the team or the facilities. A really great stay and fantastic value for money!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Just returned home from a two night stay at the Staverton Hotel. I am amazed that DeVere put their name to this place.
My room was at best 1 star. Most uncomfortable bed I have ever stayed in. The heater in the room was virtually hanging of the wall and didn't work. I was froze. Just happened to be the coldest night of the year. The bathroom was also old and in need of modernisation. The carpets dirty through age.
On the plus side I found the staff very friendly and helpful when I needed things.
Having had a terrible few nights sleep I thought I would take advantage of a warm swim in the leisure complex only to discover that this was indeed out of service. No explanation given?

All in all not a hotel I would recommend. come on DeVere you can do much better !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank petestu
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed recently at the hotel for a scrabble tournament.(having stayed there previously). On arrival we found the reception lady cold and dismissive in attitude.Our room (twin bedded) had towels only for one. We like two pillows each but it took 3 telephone calls(each one with a promise of seeing to it immediately and a wait of over one and a half hours to achieve this.
The service for our group of over 50 people in the dining room on the 1st.night was abysmal.Service was from 7.00pm. By 8.10 we had only had starters and the main courses when they arrived were poorly cooked. Service on the 2nd.day had picked up but only after complaints from the tournament organiser.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fred F
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We have stayed at this Hotel a few times over the last 2 years. Sometimes we have been lucky - refurbished room - other times like this last stay - not so lucky (old, drab and tired) room. We have never found the staff to be that helpful or particularly "happy" in their work. I always think a telling sign of whether the staff are well trained (or at least interested in their job) is if they ask on checkout "if everything was satisfactory" or words to that effect.

On all of our visits, including this one, we were not asked or were they interested. Particularly when we told them that we had been given a room for people with disabilities. The extra room space was a bonus but using the wash hand basin for instance was not easy. We were told on checkout that their system does not indicate if a room is regular or assisted (difficult to believe)

Housekeeping is pretty minimal with layers of dust on a number of surfaces. On the plus side beds are comfortable and clean. Free internet in rooms also a good addition.

We booked via Hotels.com and got an excellent rate for our two night stay - but had I paid more than £29.00/ night I would have felt pretty miffed. It's a shame that a hotel group like Devere is missing the detail and clearly not investing in their staff (in terms of training and customer service) or their infrastructure.

Room Tip: Suggest you request a room at the end of a block - for a better chance of a quiet nights sleep (but...
2  Thank Scene-set
Reviewed January 15, 2012

All the stories about this hotel are true.We were given a refurbished room next door to two other occupied rooms.The rest of the hotel seemed quiet and empty.The walls are paper thin and we could hear next door word for word.I was astounded as the rest of the hotel seemed empty.Why put people next to each other when there are so many empty rooms.I went to reception and asked to be moved.The lady on reception was really miserable and made me feel like she was doing me a favour by movimg me.Her comments about the hotel being busy were laughable.The new room was far larger,but looked like it had not been touched for twenty years.It had a old daewoo crt tv which looked like a meteorite with no freeview or even channel 5.The remote control had no back on it,along with no safe or mini bar.Also no sign of a glass or ice bucket.The furniture looked nineteen eighties MFI.I wont go on anymore except to say it was only thirty nine pounds anight and all the staff need a charm offensive.

2  Thank terryukSouthport
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Attended for a business conference in 2011 for the first time. Good grounds - the golf course next to it for those who play it! Mobile signal was rather poor for me despite signs offering boosted coverage in the building (conference centre area) - I was on T-Mobile at the time. Also in my room - very poor signal if at all! Hotel offers free Wifi though.

We had lunch and breakfast the next day - both of these were excellent! It was a buffet style but had a carvery and roasts with plenty of sides - best business trip luncheon I've had ever!

Although we did have a dinner (corporate) and not in the main restaurant - not sure who catered this but the standard which was set at lunch was sadly not replicated at dinner - left disappointed indeed.

Rooms are comfortable and good size, no air conditioning however.

Car parking could be a bit of an issue - I was lucky to get a spot near the main buildings.

Room Tip: Ground floor - some rooms have patio doors that open to the outside - easy to wheel your golf carts...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I booked this hotel as i nneded a location that was central to meeting a couple of business colleagues, for this fine, the hotel was good, nice layout, room etc.

When working in the bar/lounge area, no real service for refreshments like tea/coffee, the bar was closed till 5pm, coffee machine available in lobby.....I mean a real cup of tea. no lunch menu in the bar area, you needed to go to the restaurant. Menu for the evening quite light on choices and as a my colleague stated no steaks, no choice, so we went out for evening.

However, rooms fine and comfortable, nice breakfast with good selection and service, no issues with the reception staff.

Perhaps being a bit picky, however you dont always want to go out and get something to eat after working, would try the hotel again, and must say the night rate was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BigDan72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Cross Roads Hotel Northampton
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Northampton West M1, Jct 16

Been to De Vere Staverton Estate? Share your experiences!