“Great!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cheshire
“Great!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Lovely food, friendly atmosphere, excellent service, good value. Would definitely recommend it! Stayed in hotel nearby but chose to eat here as seen good reviews on trip advisor.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and fantastic food”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My daughter and I had a lovely meal here last night and a warm welcome was extended by the owners. Delicious food and relaxing ambiance.

1 Thank Elaine S
uk
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch for a party of 12”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked by phone the day before after finding details on Trip advisor and was really pleased to receive a warm welcome when we arrived. Despite the pub being bustling at lunchtime and our group including 6 children, the staff dealt with us great patience. The food arrived promptly and was amazing. Whilst they did not have childrens menus as such, they did provide the option of smaller portions.

The food was amazing, the service was professional, and the location and venue was ideal. I would definately recommend the Countryman

Buckingham
“Absolutely superb.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived at lunchtime for a "recce" as we had not visited this pub before. We were greeted by Linda in front of house who treated us as old friends. We were both immediately impressed with the cleanliness. Everything that should shine gleamed, the carpets, and furniture were in great shape. We decided to return in the evening for dinner, one of our better decisions.

There was a log fire, and the pub was welcoming. After a drink, (guinness for me, well kept, and as reasonably priced as the greed of successive governments would allow) we were shown to our table by a charming young lady. The restaurant is very cleverly laid out in such a way as nearly all the tables are in nooks, and corners affording an intimate dining environment.

The food was unbelievable. Everything is prepared in house mostly from locally sourced produce, and cooked by a chef who has nothing left to learn. I had a charcuterie selection plate, Roasted belly of pork, braised pig cheek, black pudding, on a bed of sauteed potatoes, accompanied by perfectly cooked curly kale. For dessert I had lemon tart with clotted cream, and raspberry coulis. My wife started with braised pig cheek, followed by bass fillet and prawns which was accompanied by crushed potatoes and green beans. For dessert she had chocolate torte with a rum sauce. All in all this was food to be savoured, and remembered for a long time. The prices were, in my opinion very reasonable.

The staff were at all times attentive and efficient without being intrusive. We are looking forward to visiting again ASAP.

1 Thank Ray W
London, United Kingdom
“just what the doctor ordered”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had dinner two nights in a row with my 10 year old twin boys. First night we gorged ourselves with steaks and Baileys cheesecakes. I am particularly prescriptive about my steak and asked for it to be served 'as rare as you will allow it to leave the kitchen'. I invariably have to send them back because they are overvooked. Most chefs are simply not brave enough. This guy/gal knows their stuff and it was perfect. Good selection of wines by the glass and as good a Guinness as you can expect outside of Ireland. Despite still being stuffed, we went back the following evening and each had the £10 set menu, no less enjoyable. Great welcome, great food and great staff.

• Visited October 2012