BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
Cap Maison(Cap Estate)(Great Value!)
$447
$853
$559
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
$60
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$265
$95
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$130
Bay Gardens Beach Resort(Gros Islet)
$183
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$105
Prestigia.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,620 results
All reviewsle sportbody holidayspa treatmentstao restaurantpiano barcariblue restaurantwellness centrefitness classescommunal tabletai chicariblue windowsgolf lessonsluxury ocean view roomsolo travellerwater sportsincluded treatmentspersonal training
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We have just returned from our third visit to the BodyHoliday and it seemed better than ever. The staff seem so genuinely pleased to see you again and just can't do enough for you. If you are a poor sleeper, they will offer you a pillow menu of special pillows. The rooms are a delight and everything you need when away on holiday seems to be thought of. It is not surprising that you seem to meet returners as everyone wants to go back. There is an amazing number of activities to do - walks, runs and cycle rides, all kinds of water sports, golf, tennis, archery, gym activities, fitness classes, Yoga, Pilates, stretch classes , aqua aerobics (great fun) and of course the daily massage offered to everyone which we loved There is no compulsion to do anything but the classes prove to be such fun and are led by highly trained, really excellent Instructors and you find yourself talking to other class members and quickly making new friends.
The food too is excellent with a la carte dining or buffet meals and the exclusive Tao restaurant for special visits. In the evenings the buffet section of the breakfast and lunch area of the main restaurant is transformed into a Windows Taster restaurant where you can try out all kinds of tapas sized courses.
You can also dine at the sister Hotel, the Rendezvous, on a reciprocal basis where they have an excellent French restaurant. All it costs is a taxi to take you there and return you after the meal. It is always interesting to see another Hotel.
Our room was on the 2nd floor, almost overlooking the Concierge but with a view of the pool, the beach and the whole complex and we liked it very much. I don't think there is anywhere else to touch this Hotel. We did hear that another BodyHoliday might appear on the scene within two years and that would be great to have a different venue. Entertainment at night was good with different Bands and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dancing the night away. The Management at the Hotel was visible and you felt they kept an eye on everything
Less good points? Only that the beach is quite small and it can be tricky sometimes bringing a boat in because of the undertow, the fairly steep beach and the wind.
Once a week there is a Cocktail party at the lovely, purpose built Wellness Centre which enables you to meet and talk to other Guests and on Friday afternoons there is the Sunset Cruise which is great fun and always seems to end up with everyone dancing.
Don't hesitate - once you've been to the BodyHoliday, I would be surprised if you didn't want to return! The staff in all departments are exceptional - highly trained, attractive personalities and can't do enough for you.

Room Tip: Rooms over the swimming pool or overlooking the Concierge are well worth choosing
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rosemary H
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We booked here because of the favorable reviews. It is a beautiful resort that excels with wellness center and body treatments. But our experience was well below the standards of any 5 Star Resort with too many problems.

Service is hit and miss. At the beach, they had plenty of lounges but no towels at 11am. I had to get our own. Most days, we had to search for staff to set up lounges, umbrella and water. Only two days did we have someone approach us and the standard of service expected here. At the main restaurant, Caribou, we were ignored. A wake up call came at 6:30am, an hour earlier than requested. The next day, the wake up call was late. At check out, our transportation (prepaid and arranged by resort) never showed up and had to take a taxi.

The Rooms are small. We were initially upgraded to oceanfront room which, because on first floor, people can look right into. We declined a further upgrade to a junior suite (properly offered by management for our last two nights to make up for the problems) to not have to repack and because, though larger room, the suite bathrooms are smaller with inferior shower and only one sink. Better off with nicer bathroom in luxury oceanfront. The other reviews are correct about better to be on higher levels.

Like the service, the food was also hit and miss. First night dinner we chose the clubhouse bbq. Food not good. Second night at Caribou, Food and service also not good. They do offer better menu choices with extra charges ($35-$50) which we didn't understand since you are already paying $1,100 per night for "all-inclusive. We met others who had similar complaints but we took their suggestions to have dinner at Tao and Caribou Windows. Management actually arranged for our dinner (off menu) at Windows which featured 6 courses with different wines. This was the best dinner there and definitely reflected the best service and food at the resort. we went two Tao two nights with inconsistent food but better service than the main restaurant. The first night they ran out of scallops which left my wife with no other entree choices she liked.

Adding insult to injury, only by chance, we discovered that the resort had overcharged us an extra night. Though they denied receiving payment and blamed a clerk error, the extra $1,000 was charged on our credit card which they reversed.

We did enjoy the daily massage and wellness treatments. Honestly, that is why most people come here. And the water sports and other included activities are as great as advertised. Unfortunately, the benefits of the relaxation, body wellness and water sports activities disappeared for us when we continued to experience the daily problems cited above.

Management definitely tried to make up for our negative experiences. But they aren't the ones who make and serve the food - they don't provide service at the beach - they don't make the wake up calls - they don't arrange transportation back to airport.

As experienced travelers, especially to beach resorts over the world, we don't expect perfection and have learned to just roll with inevitable issues that come up. Like the 2 hr ride from and back to airport. But the numerous and daily problems we experienced simply are far below the high standards (and high rates) for this resort.

Room Tip: Higher levels are better for view and privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rob G
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here at the start of December and it was brilliant. The whole resort was really laid back and the other guests and staff friendly. The activities were great and the food choice was very good, I highly recommend the smoothie bar by the water sports shack for snacks and healthy drinks. The rooms were good and the bathrooms particularly smart. It was nice not having children running around screaming and good for single travellers too. I recommend relaxing on the beach, putting your flag in the sand to have a cocktail brought to you, and the champagne hour around 5pm as you watch games on the beach and chat to fellow travellers.

Tip - book your spa treatments online as soon as you book your holiday to ensure you have the treatments you want at a time you want. I recommend having them at the start or end of the day if you are planning on relaxing on a sun lounger all day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We just returned from 5 nights at this resort and can recommend it highly to anyone. I wish we could have stayed longer and am already planning to return. There is TONS to do, or if you want to just lie on a beach, sit by a pool, or swing in a hammock you can do that as well.

We took the helicopter transfer and are glad we did. Saves time, especially on a short trip like ours, plus the views were amazing.
Our room (Ocean Front Jr. Suite) was at the far edge of the beach near the reef. It had a really amazing view of the ocean, and we slept with the door open to enjoy the relaxing sounds of the ocean. The weather was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. The resort offers a "pillow menu" so you can select your ideal pillow too. The room was clean, plentiful thick towels, soft robes, loads of storage in the dressers/closets. We did find that if the shower was put on "full force" it flooded the floor of the bathroom, but simply backing off the pressure a little solved this and did not affect the enjoyment of the shower. There is a minifridge but only water in it. I do think a minibar would be appreciated in the rooms. Soap/lotion/shampoo and the like are replenished and of nice quality. There is WiFi in room and we had no problems with it.

I particularly have good things to say about the diving instructor Rusty. I am a complete scuba novice, but it was something I always wanted to do. After completing a morning "intro session" I was able to complete additional training and another long dive and become PADI certified. This was my vacation highlight!

Food was delicious! We had excellent prompt and helpful service at all meals. We thought the sommelier at Cariblue (Alex? sorry, can't remember his name) was knowledgeable and approachable and seemed to enjoy his job. We had decided to splurge on a special bottle of red wine at our TAO dinner, but sadly this was sold out, but second choice wine was also special. We had read some reviews saying that service was slow but we experienced the exact opposite -- very prompt drink ordering and food came promptly. I'm sure everyone has their own expectations of wait time in a restaurant, but I would say management must be encouraging staff to speed things up, but I for one would have been fine with a more leisurely "island" paced meal. The Deli smoothies are a treat. We enjoyed the Grill buffet twice and I had a lamb burger that was quite good, and they had a taco buffet with a variety of fillings and fresh toppings.

In the evenings, there is entertainment of the local steel drum/salsa band variety. Have a few drinks and enjoy!

The "menu" of stuff to do during the day is extensive. Golf, tennis, watersports, scuba all with lessons available. There is fitness classes from beginning level to intense work out level. And the spa is wonderful. I would feel so light and airy I would practically float down the stairs after my treatments. The included treatments are actually quite good, but go ahead and book something special too. I tried deep tissue and Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage and was pleased with the professionalism of the massage.

You can do as much or as little as you wish here and customize it entirely to you. I can't wait to come back! We met many repeat visitiors, and it seems particularly popular with the Brits.

Room Tip: 476 - longest walk, but private, quiet and terrific view! And walk is not more than 2 minutes to breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just amazing... Not one thing is missing, well trained polite staff, clean comfortable all in an amazing setting.. Book a 3rd or 4th floor room for a wonderful view over the palm trees. The new trainers are still new.. As I rather enjoyed doing nothing except being pampered in the spa and feel totally relaxed... Sad to be leaving this evening and already planning to return later in the year.

The upper class virgin flights make it an expensive 5 days but worth it for a nine and a half hour flight... Interestingly virgin holidays wanted 2,000 more for the package I booked with best holidays! So shop around next time I will look for the flight and e-mail the hotel directly to book

There is nothing they have forgotten here, st lucia is beautiful having been here before on various cruise ships I was more than happy never to leave the hotel... Why would you want to....

An older clientele perfect for 40's upwards or if you want to travel alone... You would not feel alone...not for children not for teenagers (thank god) I left mine at home! Truly it's an amazing place to relax unwind and really enjoy... No one cares if you want to try water skiing and you are rubbish at it...try it anyway as they are so helpful... If you are a fitness fanatic or if you want to try yoga or a spin class ... Just do it.... Everything her is just AMAZING

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends