“Beautiful Villa!”
other travelers have booked this property
Owner Rob Zii Taylor
Zatarra House chill out Spot
Island Life
A Typical Day on a Boat in
St Lucia
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

procrasti...
Hamilton, Canada
“Beautiful Villa!”
Reviewed March 2, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We stayed at Villa Zatarra in Feb for a week and enjoyed every minute of it! I have lots to say but I'll keep it short. First, the communication with Rob and Veron during the booking process was great. Every question we had was answered quickly. The organization of the vacation was really well done too - using Stanis as the airport transfer was such a bonus! It was a bit of a drive, but he acted as a tour guide on our way, even stopping at great photo stops and to get some snacks for our evening. Having the rental car already at the house and not having to find the villa on our own the first day was very helpful. When we arrived at the villa Stanis gave us the grande tour and we were very impressed! It is even more beautiful than the photos show! The house was filled with fresh flowers and greens which was such a nice touch. And it was very clean:)
On our first day, Rob gave us a tour of the island, beaches and restaurants. He was great company and helped us decide what we would do each day. As recommended by Veron and Rob, we booked Stanis for a land and sea tour and were very impressed by the service we received! We had a private tour of the island, including a banana plantation, botanical gardens, the volcano and mud baths, and a visit to 2 waterfalls. Lunch was included at a great restaurant with views of the Pitons! After that he dropped us at the marina where we jumped on a catamaran for a 2 1/2 ride back up to Castries. When we arrived, Stanis was waiting for us and had actually picked up some fresh Mahi Mahi for us to grill that evening at the villa!
As many of the other reviews say, you really have to catch Rob playing one evening. He was playing at the Landings Resort one night, which is very close to the villa on what was our 'favourite beach'. We just walked down the beach, entered the patio and enjoyed snacks and drinks as he played! Alison the housekeeper came daily to tidy up - she was very patient if we were not quite ready to leave yet. She makes the tightest bed I have ever seen! On our checkout day, we were leaving at 12 rather than 11, and there were new guests coming on the same day so it was a lot of work for her but she was happy to let us take our time as she started the turnover, without making us feel rushed or in her way.
We stayed with our 2 daughters aged 12 and 14 and they loved the villa and island as much as we did. We will definately stay again! Thank you Rob, Veron and Stanis!!!

MikeL322
Burlington, Canada
“Paradise in St. Lucia”
Reviewed January 12, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We just returned back from the Villa in St. Lucia. What can you say, from when open the gates to this island paradise and step foot inside the villa it is breathtaking. We stayed, played and explored for a 8 days. The owner Rob was a great host as well as a fantastic musician ( we enjoyed 2 of his shows) as well as the team he is associated with getting to the villa and getting you around to different events on this glorious island.We stayed upstairs in the villa and enjoyed the view, sunrise and the tropical breeze every day, life was good. If there was any concerns or questions they are addressed right away. We are already looking at the calendar for next January and plan on returning.

Your age range 50-64
Tara D
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Second stay TWICE as beautiful!!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

This review is coming in months late and my only excuse is getting back to reality stinks!
I stayed at Villa Zatarra for a second time and it was even better than the first! Rob and Veron's beautiful home was even more spectacular than my first stay. They made small changes which makes the open floor plan even more expansive. My favorite spot is sill the hammock on the upstairs balcony, the peaceful beauty takes every stress and care in the world away. I've been to Saint Lucia 4 times now and I'm already planning another trip back, hoping to stay again at this beautiful villa. I am blessed to now call Rob and Veron friends, whom I can't wait to see again. They go above and beyond to make their guests feel welcome and as if their home is yours. What more could you ask for in paradise!?
Take it from someone that has been to the island a few times and stayed in various homes, you can't beat Villa Zatarra for the quiet, beauty and all around wonderful energy!

Travelwel...
Bainbridge
“A little piece of paradise!”
Reviewed August 15, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My family and I had the great pleasure of staying at Villa Zatarra. Our trip was made very special and memorable by all the people who took care of us : Rob and Veron, the owners, who were very helpful during the booking process and very attentive during the trip, making sure everything was going well, yet not intrusive: Stanis, driver, guide and organizer extraordinarre, who ferried us around, organized excursions, made sure we were fed between excursions, took us to stock up the fridge, answered all our questions on island life and maintained a professionalism that made us sure he will be the Mayor someday, and Marcia, our lovely housekeeper who greeted us everyday with her wonderful smile. We felt like we were truly on vacation because of all these lovely people and the many other lovely people we met on the island.The Villa was a wonderful haven, big and breezy with the perfect pool surrounded by lush gardens. We were very comfortable, the air conditioning in the bedrooms was very welcome. The Villa has the perfect feel of an island getaway, not by accident. Rob and Veron have obviously gone to a lot of trouble to make the Villa so inviting.
We would recommend this villa if you are looking something really special. Also, speaking of special, dont miss a trip for dinner at the Naked Fisherman in Smugglers Cove, if you are a foodie you will really appreciate the exceptional menu and the location is stunning!!

Liked best: The setting
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
sarah0506...
St. John's, Canada
“Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed June 8, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My wife and I along with our two friends stayed at Villa Zatarra for a week at the end of May/beginning of June, 2016. We had anticipated this trip for quite some time but had encountered a couple of hitches prior to leaving, with which Rob and Veron were extremely helpful. They were very accommodating and understanding, and very easy to communicate with.
This villa has many excellent reviews and ours is no different. It was just as perfect as we expected - the villa itself, the views, the flowers, the pool, the service, everything! Our driver (arranged by Veron) was absolutely awesome, the villa was perfect, the island is beautiful, Rob is an awesome musician (we got to enjoy a performance at a local hotel). Veron was available to answer questions and arrange rides and other plans for us at any time. They are both lovely people. We felt very safe and comfortable. We would recommend this villa to anyone and everyone!

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
2Tkts2Par...
Kingwood, New Jersey
“Zatarra was true serenity!”
Reviewed April 16, 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We were greeted promptly by the pre arranged arrival pick up. He was pleasant, professional and gave us a great tour of the island as we crossed it from the south to the northwest on our over an hour trip to the Villa. Making a few stops along the way for scenic overlooks, fresh baked bread and fresh squeezed juice. He also stopped in Rodney Bay for us to get groceries and needed amenities. He gave us his grocery discount card and loaded the groceries for us!!

When we pulled up to the villa, it looked exactly as the pictures and we were greeted by Veron, the owner. The villa was beautiful and serene. Pool was the perfect temperature and the waterfall soothing ( Rob even adjusted the waterfall timer to meet our requested times for when we were home at the villa so we could fully enjoy).

Air conditioning is in both bedrooms as noted, and there is no need for it in the common areas due to excellent trade winds. Villa is well stocked in the kitchen as well as beach/pool towels. DVD player is not compatible to USA DVD formatting however the villa had dozens of DVD's to select from with various options.

Beds were very comfortable and sheets were soft. Any minor issues were attended to immediately and rectified.

The openness of the villa creates a wonderful Caribbean feel bringing the outside indoors by opening all the double doors throughout. Keep in mind opening the doors you need to be mindful of the mosquitoes. We knew this in advance and brought citronella candles with us as well as mosquito coils. The candles only added to the exquisite ambiance.

Rob and Veron live next door though you wouldn't know it and they are super respectful of your privacy. Their long standing knowledge of the island is a bonus as Veron gave us a local tour of beaches, restaurants and local stores even stopping to introduce us to fresh coconut water. All of Veron's suggestions were outstanding from the restaurants such as the Cliff at Cap to the naked fisherman as well as her beach suggestions. Having rented for a week we had complimentary access to the villa vehicle and that proved to be invaluable.

We also spent a couple afternoons hiking Pigeon Island National park eating at Jambe de Bois and Chef Robby's. Never have we had better conch than at Chef Robby's and we have traveled extensively in the Caribbean. Conch is our favorite, even catching our own and cooking but nothing surpasses Chef Robby! Best enjoyed with a Cold Piton!

We truly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend this villa to couples, families with older children (due to second bedroom being on the first floor and master on the second) or for a girls getaway such as ours. Pictures of the villa are spot on but truly do not do it justice! Rob/Veron- so sorry it took nearly 6 months to write the review I think I was in denial that it was already over!!! Thank you so much for your hospitality!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Leaving....
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tara D
Jersey City, New Jersey
“There is not one sentence that fully captures this SPECTACULAR villa”
Reviewed October 19, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

(Please note this will be a long read. There is NO way for me to be short about a home so magical).
This was my second time to this beautiful island and it was even better than the first!. Villa Zatarra is nothing less than spectacular! It starts with Stanis, the Villa's driver, greeting you at the airport with a huge smile and helpful hands. He brings you right to get your license which took under 5 minutes, then it's off to the villa. You must have him stop along the way for the fresh baked cheese bread (I had it my last visit, but this shop was far better). He is extremely knowledgeable about the island and has many tours & excursions to set you up with, if that is your thing. For me, having done all that last year, I was more eager to relax & visit with friends.

We arrive in Cap Estate and open the beautiful wooden gate to Villa Zatarra. It's even more magical than the pictures show! The villa is very large, with a full outdoor living room, dining table and very cool grill. The flowers & plants that surround the grounds and pool are lush & colorful. They are a gorgeous backdrop to the stone pool which invites you immediately to take a dip. I am then greeted by a stunning woman with a huge warm smile and a glowing energy about her. It turns out to be Veron. We hug hello and chat for a few moments and then walk through the open doors, as she gives the tour of their home.

The living space is huge. A total open air concept beautifully built with stone & wood work throughout. They have paid attention to every detail possible, down to an abundance of books and even great board games. All the doors open to create a nice breeze. The kitchen is well stocked and I absolutely loved the stove. The downstairs bedroom is a nice size (although I didn't sleep in that one so I can not rate the bed, but the linens are soft & lovely) with it's own air conditioning. The downstairs bathroom is just gorgeous, all done in stone & glass. It was very convenient for a quick wash off after dips in the pool (for any women that color their hair - you know what I'm talking about lol).

Now for the upstairs (and what is a tight tie with my love of the living space & outside pool area). The master bedroom is just incredible! A beautiful wood canopy bed, with the pretty (and very useful) mosquito netting all around. The chest of drawers was my favorite piece of furniture. A cute design of suitcases stacked together. The upstairs is air conditioned too and it works very well!! The master bath, made of all stone with 2 counters (useful for 2 guests getting ready at the same time) was just wonderful. The shower is an open door concept that you never want to leave.......but you do because you know what is waiting outside. Now we get to the balcony (and my personal favorite part of the house).

The balcony has a little 4 chaired table, perfect for breakfast, morning coffee or that wonderful mimosa! But also on the balcony is a perfectly placed hammock with gorgeous views of the water, looking out to the kite surfing beach on the Atlantic side. I spent every morning laying in the hammock thinking about nothing & everything at the same time. It was wonderful!!

The next day Rob called to stop by and give a tour around the area. This was such a nice surprise as he took time out of his day. Whenever I travel I always stay in private villas and this is the first time an owner has ever done this! Not to mention Rob is just as stunning and warm as his lovely wife. We had a great time touring the area and chatting. I was very familiar with it from my last trip, so I think I gave him a little challenge to show me places I hadn't discovered already - and he succeeded!

Rob is an incredible musician and you MUST see him when he plays. It was a priority for this visit and I am so glad I was able to experience it. He plays the sax, a Ben Harper/Jack Johnson sound as he describes, but then he totally surprises you with the fact he sings as well! And his voice is beautiful. He will sing familiar songs and then also his own original music which is wonderful. It was by far one of my favorite evenings. Unfortunately I had been in the sun and water all day (possibly a few too many cocktails :-) and was too tired to keep my eyes open to stay out as long as I had wanted. Just another reason to get back ASAP!

Villa Zatarra is really the perfect place for a Saint Lucian vacation. It is located in Cap Estate which is incredibly quiet, safe and home to some of the most beautiful villas in all of Saint Lucia. I stayed in the villa alone and felt totally safe (plus Marsha, the wonderful housekeeper checked on me every morning with her beautiful smile and laugh). This home is perfect for a couple, or 2 couples. The bedrooms being on different levels offer so much privacy (but do what you can to win the upstairs bedroom!). If you leave the curtains open you will wake up to a captivating sun rise. I think the sky was a different hue every morning! It's also perfect for a trip with friends or for a family. I do not have children so I don't know if it would work with small ones because of the bedrooms on different levels so I can't offer advice on that.

I believe if you are looking to stay in a private villa you are the type to explore and immerse yourself in the culture of the area. I can not say enough about the people of Saint Lucia. I have traveled to many islands and this is the first one I have ever come back to. I am already planning my next trip (staying again in this villa) and I JUST returned last night from a 10 day stay there. The Saint Lucian people are warm, genuine, wonderful and beautiful. I made friends last visit who remembered me and we got even closer this year. Needless to say I am missing them immensely as I write this. I am happy to add Rob & Veron to my extended family now too!

Although I would love to keep all of my favorite places selfishly to myself, they are too wonderful not to share. Here are a few recommendations: Marjorie's is at the kite surfing beach. She is a fabulous cook and wonderful woman. The menu is great but if you love food....let her surprise you. You won't be disappointed! The Happy Day Bar in Rodney Bay. Great little local outdoor place. Most of the places in Rodney Bay are fun to go to at night. Jump Up in Gros Islet is a must on Friday nights. It's a street festival with food/drink vendors, locals selling art work, etc while music is blasting from the speakers and everyone is dancing in the streets. If it's your first visit, you have to speak to Stanis about setting up the Souffierre tour. Sailing/fishing day is also highly recommended. There are just too many places to list, but my favorite place on the entire island (and world) is:

Smuggler's Cove Beach (aka Naked Fisherman beach bar). It is part of Cap Maison Hotel and only a few minute drive from the villa (the whole reason I planned this year to stay in Cap Estate). The water is the most spectacular of Emerald greens and the temperature is always perfect. All beaches are open to the public, however the loungers are reserved for the hotel guests. The beach is a perfectly shaped U and the rock formations that surround it are incredible. Naked Fisherman sits right above the beach and the people who work there are just amazing. Beautiful, warm and genuine. The food is delicious, the cocktails fantastic (ask for Tara's Twacka......just be warned, they go down smooth and creep up fast!). Take the time to get to know everyone there. They will make your day!

I know some people don't like to read reviews that are all positive because they think they are false. I thought really hard to see if I could find something negative to write about Villa Zatarra or Saint Lucia. I couldn't think of one, but for those that just need that negative piece to believe the rest....here it is (one that is common on any island) - the mosquito's can be a bit annoying, especially during certain parts of the year. I recommended Off Deep Woods. It's a green can and worked great once I picked it up from the market. If your allergic to the bites, like I am, just apply often and pick up the after bite spray. That works great too! That's about all I can say negative (and I was reaching hard)....as for something negative about the villa - I just don't have anything so you will have to believe the positive!

I hope you enjoyed this VERY long read and you choose Villa Zatarra for your trip to Saint Lucia!!! Enjoy every moment of it. I will be envious until my return!! Safe Travels!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Having to leave
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing