My husband and I came to the Cap Maison for our honeymoon. The grounds are beautiful and blend in nicely with the surrounding coastline. The rooms were spotless and beautifully appointed. We were upgraded to a large villa with a full kitchen and pool (nice!). While the Cap Maison is a little on the pricey side, do some research- we got an amazing deal that included meals, sunset cruises on the amazing yacht, and even massages, golf, etc. Also, all watersports are complimentary- kayaking, windsurfing, catamaran, snorkeling, etc- that helps save some money & the Cap is in a great location on the water!
The Cap Restaurant has the most incredible view- every morning I looked forward to breakfast overlooking the stunning coastline. The food is incredible- it is pricey, but in comparison with other St. Lucian dining estabilishments, a great deal. The wait staff is meticulous and ensures everything is perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves great views, beautiful, clean and spacious rooms, courteous & friendly hotel staff, wonderful dining, and well, luxury. The owner of the Cap Maison was always around, and even hosted a cocktail hour one evening.
The only down side to the Cap Maison is the distance from the main international airport (around 90 minutes). We flew in to the smaller airport and it is about a 20 minute drive. Another issue we had was more with St. Lucia in general- taxis can get expensive! Look into chartered tours, etc before deciding to check out the island for yourself- we ran into hefty cab fares and sketchy places. Luckily, the Cap Maison is near several other hotels with wonderful restaurants so a quick (and cheap) cab fare can get you to another dining establishment if you like a little variety.
My husband and I can't wait to return to the Cap Maison!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate