We had excellent help from BA's David K in planning a one week family holiday and actually got more for our money in the Carribean than some of the spots we had been looking at in the Med. We were looking to cover everybodies needs; a great beach, sea views and somewhere close by for a couple of rounds of golf. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and hired a car. This was probably a good decision for us because the hotel is rather secluded. The hotel restaurant is in a beautiful spot, we enjoyed our breakfasts there everyday overlooking the sea and the sevice was excellent. The restaurant was probably a bit too 'fine dining' in the evening for the boys so we enjoyed the hotel's Naked Fishernam restaurant on the beach (very good quality, completely relaxed and flexible to trade when the boys didn't fancy the razor clams but only available 3 nights a week) and otherwise went out and about at night to Rodney Bay. Overall the beach was almost perfect; sandy, easy to get in and out of the sea, kayaks, paddle boards, hobbycat all freely available and felt private, even if it wasn't. No hawkers. Could have done with a couple more umbrellas, otherwise ideal. My husband and I had our room upgraded on arrival. The boys had a garden room but spent more time in our suite which was nice because we certainly had the space. The hotel grounds were very well kept and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel has a good rate at the nearby golf course (pick up included). We chartered a yatch for the day through the hotel (not the hotel's speed boat) and had a brilliant day (the trip included tickets to the mud baths, volcano and Botanical Gardens in Soufriere and the taxi). We had been told the best way to see the island was from the sea - it was great advice. Perfect for a one week vacation. Everybody happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Hotels.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate