Cap Maison
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$559
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
$60
Hotels.com
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
$144
$107
Travelocity
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$696
Orbitz.com
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
$156
$130
$374
$192
Travelocity
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cliffnaked fishermanrooftop poolrock maisonbeach barvilla suiterodney baybeach packageour honeymoonst luciaprivate yachtsecluded beachglass of champagnemosquito netboutique hotelfull kitchensmugglers cove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Everything about this hotel, the staff, the service and the facilities was perfect except that the private beach was only accessible by 100 steps down the cliff - a was a major disadvantage to those not really up to heavy effort. The problem was made worse by ther fact that the beach restaurant had a much larger and varied menu than the one in the hotel grounds. The scenery was truly spectacular.

Room Tip: Get a room or a villa with a sea view, it is well worth the extra
1  Thank david p
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed at both Sugar Beach and Cap Maison for 4 days each. We much preferred Sugar Beach's service, food & accommodations and found it to be surprisingly less expensive.
At Cap Maison, we had an Oceanview Villa Suite with pool and roof terrace
Cap Maison positive points: Sunsets were beautiful; massages in spa were incredible, market tour and cooking lesson were great.
Adjust your expectations for the following: "private" rooftop pool and terrace can be seen by other villas, and only the bedroom and bath are air conditioned. Although pretty in pictures, I found the decor to appear tired/dated in real life. I definitely needed the bug spray and wished we had mosquito netting over the bed.
I know this seems petty, but they had no mint for mojitos all 4 days even though their cocktail menu had a big section describing all the different types of mojitos they offered. AND, we were still unable to get one after the cook bought mint at the market with us.
Overall, Cap Maison is a nice facility but the value is not there.

1  Thank RollTide2014
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just returned from Cap Maison and our first trip to the Caribbean, the room, food, staff were all excellent. There were a couple of things that weren't quite right, one night we had to wait over an hour to get seated for dinner even though we booked it for 8.00, but that was the exception and it didn't spoil our perception of the hotel. The beach was beautiful, turquoise sea and soft sand with a few rocks, it was shaded in parts but that suited us as we don't like sitting in full sun all day, you could move into the sun if you wanted. The beach bar was nice to go to for a drink or lunch and you could have dinner there on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We found the meals were better in the hotel restaurant. We would have a nice rum punch in the late afternoon watching the sun go down by the pool. We had a lively evening at the street party at Gros Islet on Friday night, and visited Marigot Bay and Castries. We got about by taxi, or you would need a car if you wanted to eat out but as we were all inclusive we ate at the hotel. Most meals were excellent, we had a couple which weren't so good but again it did not detract from our overall impression. We did feel the menu could be a bit more varied especially if you are eating at the hotel every day. The tapas lunch was particularly good and the seafood excellent. The gardens were very well kept and there were a variety of birds to see, interesting to see the little humming birds speedily flying from flower to flower. All in all be had a wonderful time and may well go back in the future.

Room Tip: Worth having the ocean view
1  Thank Liz4858
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was my second time to stay at Cap Maison. The staff is still as great as I remember from 4 years ago. You can't beat the sunsets sitting at the bar or in the beautiful pool. What I like about this hotel is how private it feels. It has it's own beach and the grounds are fully gated. Loved my room and the bathroom, though I have to admit I didn't spend much time in my room. Great restaurant with just great food. I just love the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank thecolonel1215
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been fortunate to eat at some great places over my years and thus for me to say the food here is excellent means it is a very high standard indeed. I found the food to be by far the best aspect of this hotel although in most other respects things were also good or better. The Cliff restaurant and also the Naked Fisherman bar served up great meals so if going here I would not plan to eat out at all.
Other highs are the large rooms which in my case came with great views onto the ocean , lovely gardens, discrete but obvious (if you can say that) security, a willingness to help and a cosy atmosphere.
If I was to go again, which I may well do, then I would not opt for the room with a Jacuzzi option, instead going either for no water feature and use the very nice main pool more or pay extra for the dedicated swimming pool option.
Room service / turn down was good when it happened but not perhaps always the most reliable , (a little Caribbean in happening) but you felt confident that if it bothered you then one call would fix most anything. Indeed the overall staff attitude, bearing in mind this is island life, was pretty dam good.
Talking with other tourists at the airport on the way back I feel confident we did at least as well and probably a lot better choosing Cap Maison than some of the bigger names on the island so all in , very good.

Room Tip: You need to wake up and see the sea, don;t book without a sea view!
2  Thank Chris O