“Its a nice place.”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A nice place on the north side of the island. Rooms are ok. Really nothing to write home about. The staff are average and smile but not much else. The Food and Beverage manager is however exceptional and knows his stuff. He has created a formidable wine list and together with the head chef a great restaurant. Sadly the rest of the rest is tired and average.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SimonLiebel
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments below. We are delighted you enjoyed our food and wine experience which we all take tremendous joy in delivering as food and wine lovers ourselves. Your other comments are disappointing, in particular those on the staff and rooms which, being unspecific in nature, are a little hard to respond or react to. They certainly don't reflect the usual reaction we get and there are some room features, for example, such as suite sizes, linen quality, panoramic ocean views and private roof terraces with swimming pools, that we feel are certainly not average in any hotel context. That said, we regret you did not enjoy all elements of the property.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been planning for 3 years for our 25th wedding anniversary and after a lot of research have chosen Cap Maison. The reviews are excellent however, the planning and communication are frustrating at best! My countdown is on (11 more days) and we will be renewing our wedding vows but I haven't heard from anyone at the resort other than the photographer has been booked and the flowers have been ordered. Not sure if there is anything else I need to worry about. Also, the website is EXTREMELY frustrating! The conceirge sent me a spa menu back on May 9th and I was told by Kristal that it was the updated menu, however, as of yesterday, the website still had different prices and I am not sure which one is correct. I emailed the spa according to the pricing menu but it was an invalid address. The food menus on the website do not load (or are not there) and the few that are there, are outdated from last fall. Overall, I am extremely excited about the trip but am nervous because of the disorganization with the website and staff commucation. (Kudos to Matt in F&B..he was extremely helpful. He booked the Rock for our anniversary dinner however, failed to mention the additional fee for this location that I have been told about).

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank karla p
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments below. We are very much looking forward to having you stay with us and are delighted you have chosen our lovely property after all your research! I see that you have spoken at length now to Kristal and that all appears to be in order. It has also been double checked by management so you can relax and enjoy the countdown to your stay. Your comments on some differences between the web site spa menu and resort brochure have also already been actioned and the site has been updated. With regards to the Cliff at Cap menus, we are unique in that we offer a daily changing fresh menu (island produce also varies) so the online menus include most if not all the items seen online over time but always the in the same delicious style.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Last week we were lucky enough to spend 4 nights and five days at the fabulous Cap Maison. It was total luxury from the start. A very relaxing check in with cold towels and prosecco in the lovely reception area was quickly followed by an introduction to our villa suite which consisted of two bedrooms, three bathrooms (the master suite had a huge bath for two), a living room, kitchen and FOUR balconies, one of which had a plunge pool with jacuzzi jets and extremely comfortable sun loungers. There was also a washer and dryer adjacent to the main balcony which we didn't make use of. The beds were fabulously comfortable, the showers couldn't have been more powerful (made even more luxurious with the blood orange toiletries). The kitchen was stocked with coffee , water, wine etc that which replenished every day.

Now we come to the pool and beach area. Both were absolutely lovely. There were quite a few stairs down to the beach but once you got down there it was heavenly. We were immediately shown to loungers and given towels and floats for the sea. The cocktails were second to none (I particularly recommend the margueritas) and the beach BBQ looked yummie.

Breakfast in the restaurant overlooking the sea was SUPERB. I recommend the freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. There was a huge choice of food from continental breakfast to full English to waffles and pancakes or a local salt fish dish. The waiting staff were charming (as were all the staff at the hotel).

The gym was fully equipped and had everything we could have wanted and although I didn't have any treatments the spa looked fabulous.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a romantic holiday or a fun trip with friends. We rented a car and saw a lot of the island but we were always happy to get back this lovely hotel. I can't wait to return and will/am already recommending it to everyone I know.

Room Tip: I had a peep into several rooms and suites and all were lovely. Ours was overlooking the sea with a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for the second part of our honeymoon. We couldn't fault the room and were upgraded so had a fantastic roof top pool. We thought the restaurant was good but had been spoilt at ladera and it didn't hold up in our opinion. We also didn't think the staff were as friendly or attentive. We thought this was because it was a bigger resort but we also stayed at Le Sport and the staff there were fantastic.

Our major disappointment was due to an incident on the beach. The beach is quite small and not private however it clearly states that the loungers and floaters are for hotel guests only. Anyway a large rather noisy group who werent hotel guests agreed with the guy running the beach bar that they could use the loungers etc if they used the beach bar. The whole thing got out of hand and they took over the beach pretty much playing music and singing and causing a number of guests to leave. We complained and the manager's response was that it was ok as they were using the bar (they weren't, they had several cool boxes they were digging into and we only saw them buy two beers the whole time) and there were still a few loungers available. I thought this was unacceptable as it seemed to me that hotel guests' enjoyment was being compromised for the sake of a group provided to pay for drinks at the bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Whiteem
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Luxurious yet friendly. This was my third stay at Cap Maison and the magnetism of the place keeps attracting me whether I'm in St Lucia on holiday or business. I think it's the laid back unpretentious and friendly attitude of virtually every member of staff up to the General Manager who is there to help with whatever trivial request you may have. You just feel welcome!

Room Tip: Choose the spectacular rooftop suites.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Cap Maison, hard to put in to words just how beautiful the place is and how friendly & helpful everyone was. The apartment was amazing with everything you needed for a family holiday (and more!) and was very tastefully done. All the rooms were full of character and had that feel of understated luxury which was in keeping with everything about the hotel. You truly felt you could relax and treat it like a home from home but with the added bonus of being in paradise! The restaurant is set on the cliff top (hence the name!) giving you the most amazing views out to the ocean and the food and service is excellent...all the time. The pool was great, child friendly which is a big plus. As you walked around everywhere was beautifully kept and the way the place has been designed means all the apartments and rooms have sufficient privacy to feel no one is on show. The beach was fab, again great setting and completely unspoilt. There is so much more I can say that is all so gushing about a truly charming and beautiful place. Would recommend it anyone and everyone, impossible not to fall in love with it! Cant wait to go back..!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found Cap Maison to be a completely romantic hide-away, cossetted in 5 star luxury and with service to match.....and I am still kicking myself for not having my wife join me whilst I was there on a recent business trip to St Lucia. The hotel oozes charm and easygoing sophistication, my suite had just about everything I could have imagined - almost in anticipation of what I was going to need or want for next! Fully fitted kitchen and living room, private swimming pool, garden and gazebo outside, Spacious romantic bathrooms with "his and hers" items and a simply glorious bath were admittedly a little "under-optimised" by myself as a single guest, as was the king-sized bed in the master bedroom - but oh my god, what an amazingly comfortable bed that was! - the mattress, pillows and "god knows how many thousand thread" cotton sheets resulted in the most glorious and tranquil night's sleep I have ever had. Summary? - This hotel is absolute heaven for any romantic couple and is definitely top on my list when I make a return visit to St Lucia - And next time I am coming with my wife!! Totally recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!