“We hope to come back again!”
Review of Cap Maison

Cap Maison
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Cap Estate
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just came back from a 4 night stay at Cap Maison in an oceanview villa with a pool. What a lovely place! We stayed there as part of the Peak to Beach package with Ladera. We really enjoyed having the pool to ourselves and listening to the waves crash on the shore from our room. See if you can get a floatie for the pool, it will make it so much better. We were welcomed with some prosecco when checking in, and rum punch and champagne in our room. We had turndown service every night where they turned down the bed, gave us water by our bedstands, and a love poem to read each night - it was a nice touch. As an added convenience they have both North American and British electrical sockets that are current appropriate, and WiFi worked well in our room.

The restaurant food was great; everything looked so well presented and dainty, but we were always full at the end of the evening. The fish roti was our favorite at lunch, and the duck was my favorite at dinner. We took the Cap Maison 1 for our sunset cruise and it was really nice, although we didn't see that green flash that evening. We also had a couple's massage and it was really well done - I usually avoid Swedish massages because I find them painful but the staff did such a great job that there was no pain afterwards.

There was a group of hotel guests who were interested in attending the Gros Islet Fish Fry, and the hotel organized a taxi bus for all of us to attend, and was accommodating to our various return times. We didn't use the beach as much, but it is secluded and mostly consists of hotel guests. There are some palapas for shade, but most of it was exposed to the sun.

The hotel also arranged our taxi ride back to the airport (a 1.5 hour drive on a quiet Sunday) and our driver Mike came with an Escalade. We asked him so many questions about St. Lucia and he even stopped in a couple of places to point out all the scenic points for us - he was great!

I already miss it, and hope to be back one day!

Room Tip: If you can, get the oceanview villa with pool. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meliketravel

Reviewed March 10, 2013

First time in St Lucia, we stayed at a different resort which was just ok; as such we ventured out in a rental car to explore the island. A travel magazine ad for Cap Maison's restaurant brought us here for a meal and we wished this is where we had selected to stay! The lunch was so delectable offering fantastic quality and creativity compared to mediocre and pricey food generally found in the island - so we decided to stay for dinner too, and were kindly accommodated despite not quite strictly meeting the dress code. A visiting Spanish chef's creations were lovely, as were the wine pairings. Please note, this is fine dining with a price tag to match and well worth it, the portions are not large but awaken a palate - more if you're a fan of 3 Michelin star dining, not buffets. The 1/2 day spent here was the highlight of the trip. Rooms are top notch as is the beach and property overall. The General Manager is a true hospitality professional - way to go, and thank you - see you again very soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ultimatetraveller_39
RossCS, General Manager at Cap Maison, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience when you both visited us recently

I can think of no greater recommendation than as a couple you came upon us by encounter, travelled half way up the island to reach us for lunch and then decided to stay for dinner

We would love to look after you both on your next visit

With kind regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We planned a perfect girl’s trip for our 40th birthday, leaving husbands and children at home. We found Cap Maison on Trip Advisor and it looked on-line like a perfect getaway. We had no idea that the resort’s website could not show the stunning beauty of the resort, the joy and fantastic hospitality of the staff and the wonderful flavors of the Cliff Restaurant. The resort was so much more than we could have ever imagined! From the beginning of planning our trip, the Concierge Keizah Avril, constantly e-mailed me helping us with all the details from spa treatments, dinner reservations, visiting the rainforest to visiting other resorts on the island. Once at the resort, the staff greeted us with joy and a peace that a website cannot communicate. They greeted us every morning at breakfast by our first names. They found out the first morning that we liked coffee with breakfast and made sure we had it before we even had to ask. The staff went above and beyond and the attention to details and requests were met before we could even express them. One story I do want to share, we wanted to experience a local Independence Day street festival on Friday evening. Being two young, unaccompanied females this may seem a bit risky, but we went anyway. Our Taxi driver picked us up at the resort and took us to the street party. He was to meet us at the same location in 2 hours to head back to the resort. He also gave us his card in case we needed to call him. After 40 minutes or so, I was at an art booth and Charlie, the taxi driver, walked up and asked if I was doing Ok. He wanted to make sure we were safe and were not being hassled. I don’t know about you, but I know a taxi driver in NYC wouldn’t do that!! The kindness and generosity of the staff and people of St. Lucia really is the norm. It was truly amazing to me. We also visited Jade Mountain resort, Ladera and The Landings. We had dinner at Jade Mountain and Ladera for lunch. Every time we left the other resorts thinking, “I am so glad we are staying at Cap Maison! I can’t believe it has not gotten more attention!” While the other resorts were nice, Cap Maison has a certain feel about it that makes you never want to leave. It truly is one of the best resorts I have ever been to, a diamond in the ruff! We are making plans to return with our husbands! I would recommend this resort to anyone and it is perfect for girl’s trips! In the next few weeks I will be posting photo's from Cap Maison on my website emmiechase.com if you want to check them out.

Room Tip: The way the resort is laid out, I don’t think you can get a bad room! Then entire place is just stun...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 40andfab1973
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Cap Masion for 10 days recently in a junior ocean view suite and had a wonderful time. Let me first talk about the good things (which far outweigh the bad by the way). The resort itself is lovely, well appointed gardens, excellent facilities and superb views. The restaurant is probably the jewel in Cap's crown and as such deserves very high praise. We have subsequently eaten at a number of other "top hotels" and can say that in our opinion, it is close to, if not THE best restaurant on the island. Not only is the food outstanding (the kobe short rib is a must) but all the staff are phenomenal. All the waiters are friendly, helpful, engaging and thoughtful, nothing was every too much trouble. The bar staff (Louis, Dimitri & Cyril) were also outstanding and kept us in "surprise cocktails" every day. All the staff in fact (housekeeping/groundsmen/ beach) we all excellent too.

Now the few negative things that in our opinion stopped the hotel being outstanding and most of these were to do with the room (so appreciate this may not always be the case for everyone). The room was a good size, but we found there were a few chips/scratches on the bed, phone wasn't working correctly and mould on the shower grouting, not large things I appreciate but they all count. Also the shower gel/shampoo weren't restocked daily despite running out. The final niggle was that we were asked to hang up towels if we wanted to keep them or put them on the floor to change, however we found that even when left on the floor they were hung up again not changed.

As I said these are very minor points, but they wouldn't be present in the best hotels in the world, so I think with a few minor changes Cap could be an outstanding hotel. Should we come back to St. Lucia, we would certainly return and fingers crossed the changes have been made and we can leave even happier than this time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rob B
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent four nights at Cap. Overall out experience there was fantastic. We were pleasantly surprised by our upgrade to a suite with its own private pool. This really made a difference! We were taken back by the size, cleanliness and tasteful decor. The service was excellent. Requests made to the receptionist were filled promptly and courteously (St. Lucians are generally the friendliest people we've met in all of our trips to the Caribbean).
Overall the food at the resort was some of the best we had during our entire stay in Cap Estate. Very creative menu and of course the freshest ingredients. We were often sticker shocked, however, by the prices. As a New Yorker (and someone that has travelled the Caribbean a bit), I understand paying up for quality meals, but some of the prices were very high for what you got. Even at the beach bar, we paid 15 US dollars for 2 small-ish pieces of chicken and a salad! After the first two days, we ventured out into Rodney Bay to buy some food at a supermarket for the room and went to some local restaurants for dinner (Jacques and Spice of India, both which I will also review).
We ventured to soufriere after our time at Cap Maison and stayed at Jade Mountain. I must admit, we often compared our experiences at Jade (even the room) to our time at Cap Maison and Cap often came out on top. Overall we had an excellent experience and I would highly recommend it to others (just do an all inclusive, so by the time you get there you've forgotten how much you've paid for it and can actually enjoy the food at the resort!)

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank MRAC1979

Thank you very much for taking the time to come and visit with us and to write your review following your stay

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic time and it was also good to see that you split your vacation between the north and the south of the island as St Lucia has so much to offer and the two ends are so diverse.

Thank you also for recommending us to others who have yet to visit - as personal recommendations are such a nice way to introduce new friends to St Lucia and to Cap Maison

Kind regards

Ross

Ross Stevenson

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My new wife and I had an amazing honeymoon, stay and experience at Cap Maison. The grounds are beautiful and have a Mediterranean feel. The setting could not have been prettier or more appropriate for a romantic getaway. All of the buildings are beautiful, the restaurant has a great feel, and the private beach could be a movie setting when the tides are calm.

Our room had a breathtaking view of the ocean and picturesque view of the pool - perfect for a honeymoon setting. Also, the room was well kept and cleaned immaculately each day. service thorough each level of management down to the groundskeepers was professional and very easy to get along with - truly kade our stay all the more enjoyable.

Cap Maison is nearby Rodney Bay which has a booming island nightlife. The Cliff at Cap is fantastic, but can be a bit pricey if you were to eat there every night. Rodney Bay offers upscale and lower end food options and offered a good variety of options. Needless to say Cap Maison is perfectly situated for fine dining and close enough to other great dining options and bars - about a 10 min cab ride for 30 EC.

I highly recommend Cap Maison to all couples seeking a relaxing or romantic getaway. My wife and I will certainly return and hopefully sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: 15 was a great room that offered amazing views and a good deal of space, plus a personal balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kato1811
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been at Cap Maison last week with my wife and two teenagers. Excellent stay in a 2 bedroom suite with a seaview and a small pool. Service and confort are of very high standard. Restaurant is the best one we have found in the area : we had some good diners in Gros Ilet and Rodney Bay, but this restaurant is clearly in a different league (being French, food is a critical part of the well being). The only minor regret is that the beach is a bit small (compared to other places in Rodney Bay).
As a conclusion, I would highly recommand this place to people looking for a quiet and luxuous place, more confidential than typical large "american style" resorts.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 15 in Gros Islet

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!