We just came back from a 4 night stay at Cap Maison in an oceanview villa with a pool. What a lovely place! We stayed there as part of the Peak to Beach package with Ladera. We really enjoyed having the pool to ourselves and listening to the waves crash on the shore from our room. See if you can get a floatie for the pool, it will make it so much better. We were welcomed with some prosecco when checking in, and rum punch and champagne in our room. We had turndown service every night where they turned down the bed, gave us water by our bedstands, and a love poem to read each night - it was a nice touch. As an added convenience they have both North American and British electrical sockets that are current appropriate, and WiFi worked well in our room.
The restaurant food was great; everything looked so well presented and dainty, but we were always full at the end of the evening. The fish roti was our favorite at lunch, and the duck was my favorite at dinner. We took the Cap Maison 1 for our sunset cruise and it was really nice, although we didn't see that green flash that evening. We also had a couple's massage and it was really well done - I usually avoid Swedish massages because I find them painful but the staff did such a great job that there was no pain afterwards.
There was a group of hotel guests who were interested in attending the Gros Islet Fish Fry, and the hotel organized a taxi bus for all of us to attend, and was accommodating to our various return times. We didn't use the beach as much, but it is secluded and mostly consists of hotel guests. There are some palapas for shade, but most of it was exposed to the sun.
The hotel also arranged our taxi ride back to the airport (a 1.5 hour drive on a quiet Sunday) and our driver Mike came with an Escalade. We asked him so many questions about St. Lucia and he even stopped in a couple of places to point out all the scenic points for us - he was great!
I already miss it, and hope to be back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a lovingly created, family owned and managed five star boutique resort combining great attention to detail with a highly personalized style of service. Set in a stunning location above a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the north west coast of St Lucia, it offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools, as well as Junior Suites and rooms. Facilities include the much sought after Cliff at Cap panoramic fine dining restaurant as well as the equally famous Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill, a spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate