We got married at Cap Maison in April. It was amazing. We decided on Cap Maison because we were looking for a room with a private pool. There are not a lot of accomodations that match that in the Caribbean and neither my husband or I had been to St Lucia previously. I have so much to say about this tremendous experience!
First of all, it is about a 1.5 hour drive from the airport to the hotel. We entertained the idea of doing the helicopter but found out that your bags cannot accompany you on the helicopter, they have to be brought by car and that you still have to be dropped off at the smaller airport, which is about 20 mins from the hotel, so it seemed to defeat the purpose. The roads are incredibly curvy and stop/go and unfortunately I was feeling incredibly carsick by the time we reached the hotel. If you are prone to motion sickness I highly recommend taking something before the airport transfer! We were met at reception with cold towels and cold drinks and shown to our room. We stayed in a 1 BR with rooftop terrace and pool. The room had 1.5 bathrooms, full kitchen, and washer/dryer. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that it is ONLY air conditioned in the bedroom. This was not a problem for us as we spent minimal time in the living room or dining area inside so it was not a bother, but the living space gets VERY warm. The bedroom and master bath were beautiful! Our main living space was on the second floor and then a spiral staircase up to the rooftop. Our second floor had a full balcony/terrace with dining table and rockers where we enjoyed our coffee every morning and even had dinner one evening. The rooftop terrace was more than we had hoped for. Wet bar, dining table (where we had room service one evening), several comfortable cushioned loungers, umbrella, and plunge pool. We were towards the back of the resort, which limited our view from the second floor somewhat but our view from the rooftop was great. It may not have been the best view you can achieve from a rooftop suite but it was away from the restaurant and the resort pools so it was very quiet and peaceful.
Since we had our own private pool we only ventured down to the beach once. If you are beach people it may not be the resort for you. There are many steps down to the beach, and it is a steep climb up the stairs on your way up. The beach is very small but the water is beautiful and there is a beach bar!
The kitchen was helpful, we went to a grocery store in town and got the essentials. The restaurant at the hotel is beautiful, right over the water. The only downfall is it is french cuisine, which is very rich and not easy to eat night after night. We are "lazy" vacationers and were not looking to venture out often for meals, etc so by the end of the trip the food was only so so based on selection.
We golfed at the local golf course (can't remember the name) and they even sent a shuttle from the golf course to pick us up free of charge, it's very close and they have a great restaurant at the club house for lunch - golf course was decent, we were there in the dry season but it was worth it!
The hotel spa was good - not amazing, but very good. We did massage as well as manicures and I got a salt scrub. The spa techs were very talented and pleasant. Like I said, we got married at the resort, at the gazebo, and everything was so smooth. We worked closely with Dey, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. From the flowers, to scheduling me a hair appt, to being our witness she was so accomodating and made everything so stress free. We truly appreciated all she did for us!
If you are going to visit this resort...splurge and treat yourself to a room with either a private pool or a rooftop pool, it will be a vacation of a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, West Indies, Agoda, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate