“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cap Estate
Amarillo, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great location. Great property. We stayed at the Roof top pool room and was very spacious with a great view. My husband and I have travelled a lot but this was the first property we were disappointed with the service. We were told that it's a layed back life in the islands but when you stay at such expensive places a little better service is expected. Just to give one example, when we went to sit at the lounge chair near the main pool facing the ocean, we had to cover our own chaise with towels, move the umbrella to get shade and it was about 45 minutes before you were asked if we needed anything. Second example, before we checked in, it must have rained so the cushions were moved inside from the terrace pool. We waited till next day and it still was inside so we did it ourselves including opening the umbrella. No towels or any other amneties were placed at the pool area. There were other little things like room service never picked up anything from the balcony. Another disappointment was the food was ridicoulously expensive for the quality and quantity. The day we got there they had a set tapas menu for $55.00 Breakfast was a bare minimum with exactly the same few varieties of pastries and fruits. For such an expensive place not only you need a good location but also service and good food

2 Thank Joti P
AdamGobat, Owner at Cap Maison, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us due to service issues you experienced by the hotel's main pool and your private roof terrace pool which you highlighted in your review and in particular I wanted to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as I now have had the opportunity of addressing these deficiencies with my team to ensure that we are consistent in our service delivery. I wanted to mention that due to possibility of inclement weather at certain times of the year we do not place pool towels on the open roof terrace although there are pool towels within all guests suites. Food is always an emotive subject as ones man’s feast is another man’s famine but I was surprised by your comments in relation to our Saturday Tapas evenings which is our most popular evening that we host. Typically guests receive -Tapas style - three appetizers, three main dishes and three desserts for US$55 which is very competitive with other high quality restaurants on the island. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the resort overall and your villa accommodation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

St. Lucia is a lush tropical island with smaller intimate beaches - very safe and quiet compared to other tropical locales. We chose this resort for our honeymoon and stayed in a bungalow style villa with our own private infinity pool. Cap Maison is as peaceful as if you became stranded on a Caribbean island yet it's a 5 or 6 star resort that feels like you are staying at some Billionaire's private getaway. Everyone is polite and they give you all the privacy you desire. The staff are bright ambitious and attentive. The more seasoned staff are on the front desk, in the spa or dinner staff. The food is sophisticated and fresh but it's great to go into town and try a couple of the other restaurants.Our best dinner at Cap Maison was on Tuesday when we booked the private deck perched over the Caribbean sea - romantic doesn't begin to express the experience. Plus it was Creole Tapas night which added to the magic of the location. The car service is fantastic - Executive Car - competitive with cabs and far superior service.
If you want a party experience then go to Sandals - If you healthy then go to Le Spa.
Cap Maison is for a sophisticated private getaway island style.

Room Tip: Our Villa overlooked the ocean and our private pool was almost as large as the main pool. Our room w...
4 Thank JoJoJakab
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Cap Maison is a wonderful resort with views to die for, a lovely beach and wonderful service. The staff is well trained, friendly & very helpful. The restaurant has excellent food. There is really no need to leave the resort but we did get around town a bit and checked out neighboring beaches, restaurants & attractions around Rodney Bay.

There are a few mosquitos in St. Lucia, but not as bad as what we have in Florida and the resort provided a natural mosquito repellent that worked great for us when we were sitting on the verandahs or going out in the evenings.

The air conditioning in St. Lucia is like most countries outside of the United States and I did hear some complaints from some Americans about being hot. I understand that electricity is very expensive in St. Lucia. I found it very adequate at the resort and we had nice ocean breezes as well.

The resort offers free use of kayaks, sailboats, floats & snorkeling equipment at the beach. There is a small outdoor grill & bar for lunch & drinks and Dunston & Craig were wonderful hosts.

We have traveled quite a bit around the world and this by far was one of our favorite resorts. It is beautiful beyond compare and has everything you could possibly need or want.

3 Thank travelscapes11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I had an amazing week's honeymoon at the beautiful Cap Maison at the end of September and enjoyed every bit of it. The staff were extremely helpful and responsive without being overbearing - every where we went we were greeted with big smiles. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and while I got a little tired of eating at the Cliff at Cap three times a day, the variety was good and the quality was consistently excellent, so it didn't matter. The waiting staff were very accommodating and were willing to be flexible on the menu. There is not a lot to do in the day if you don't want to pay for excursions every day, but if you are happy with relaxing on the beach, swimming and water sports then you are well catered for. Also Pigeon Island is a good option for a morning hike. The Spa Manager Julian took us on an Atlantic coastal walk one evening which was a lovely change of scenery. The resort is a perfect size and the grounds are beautifully maintained. We felt that attention to detail was really important and it didn't go unnoticed. The resort overlooks Pigeon Island to the south and on a clear day you can see Martinique. Thank you for making our honeymoon everything we hoped it would be and more!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna S
St Lucia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I first stayed at Cap Maison when they first opened a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed with the amenities and service of this hotel. I booked again on a recent business trip and I am still impressed with the exceptional attention to detail and warmth of the staff. It was like going back home.. Our late arrival was met with a warm welcome by the front desk, delicious cold plate, custom rum punch to take the edge off our flying and of course their gorgeous facilities. The staff seems to have a knack for guessing what we were thinking and seamlessly took care of everything we needed. The foodie in me stuffed myself daily at the restaurant "Cliff at Cap" where their chef Craig makes the most delicious meals using locally sourced ingredients. My team and I went back home feeling totally rejuvenated and stress free after our long intense work week and I credit it to my stay at Cap Maison. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank islandtraveler3000
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

A little late in writing this review but as I try to plan my next holiday trip I am struggling to find another place that treated us as well as Cap Maison. From the moment we landed in St. Lucia and were met by our driver who had some ice cold Pitons waiting for us, our stay only got better and better everyday. The location is second to none and offers one of the best sunset views I've ever seen. While we traveled over the holiday break we didn't encounter an over crowded resort with kids screaming everywhere. This was a huge plus. The beach, semi-private, and down 90 or so steps, offered the perfect daily escape from reality where my wife and I were able to relax, read, and enjoy the sound of the waves. The best part about the beach was that it was never crowded, perhaps 10-15 people at most at any given time, and there were plenty of things to do like the kayaks that were free to use. The cooks on the beach were equally awesome and their simple meals of grilled fish were quite delicious. The pool was tiny but refreshing and never crowded. The restaurant offered a great breakfast each morning with the perfect view over looking the sea. The rooms were nice (I don't care what the rooms are like because who spends time in their rooms on a vacation besides to sleep and shower). The staff were incredible in helping us organize excursions as well as dinner plans, and were all around fantastic and accommodating during our entire stay. I truly can't say enough about Cap Maison and will struggle to top this vacation for years to come.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AhoyPaloi19
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I chose to stay at Cap Maison while on our Honeymoon. It was a fantastic decision. The place is beyond beautiful and the service is extraordinary. We felt pampered every step of the way. We were a little bit torn when trying to chose a resort, and eventually chose the Cap Maison because of the photos on its website but to be honest, even though they are beautiful they do not do it justice. It is absolutely stunning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Cap Maison? Share your experiences!