The hotel arranged for us to be picked up at the airpot as the hotel is around a 50 min drive away so it's definately worth getting a bigger vehicle. Another couple told us they took a helicopter to the airport in Castries, if you can afford it, do it on your arrival!
The hotel was a beautiful sight once the car pulled into the drive with a lovely fountain and well kept gardens. Where were immedailtely made to feel welcome by the big smiles and a lovely crisp cool glass of bubbly. Check in was very effcient and swift and the receptionist showed us around our villa and gave us brief overview of what the hotel had to offer.
The Villia was spectacular. The downstairs consisted of a huge living room complete with sofas, dining table, flat screen tv and a kitchen with everything you would ever need and a guest toilet and showerroom. The Villa also had an ample veranda with very stylish and comfortable garden furntiure.
Going up the stairs led to the bedroom and this really was the jaw dropper of the villa. The bathroom was spacious with double sinks, a separate toilet and huge walk in shower, it was spottlessly clean and full of the colours of St Lucia. The toiletries in the bathroom were plush Aqua de Palma and replaced every day!
The bedroom was equiped with a huge flat screen tv, stereo (inc. ipod dock) and the biggest most dreamy four poster bed. Again the bedrrom was exceptionally clean and the was maintained throughout our stay. The bed linen was always clean and luxourios.
The roof terrace that comes with the villa was very spacious and came with privacy form the other room. The view looking out over the beach and see was simply paradise, one could easy spent many hours relaxing on the comfy terrace chairs listing to the crasing of the waves while sipping a rum punch ordered from the Cap bar.
If you are early risers, it's worth getting the breakfast included as it is delicious. The staff are very friendly too. Dining in the restaurant is very expensive though, as are the drinks. So it's worth picking up a couple of bottles from the airport or even stopping by at the supermarket in town and stocking up on mixers and snacks. We dined here on our first night and it was the Taster Menu, it was nice but expensive.
There is a beautiful beach but it is very small but offers free watersports for guests, beds, towels and a small bar. Be warned though, it is a steep walk down lots of stairs.
There is a nice honesty bar near the reception and it offers free internet access, tv, board games and relaxation area.
There are 2 swimming pools but we only used the main one near the bar. We went out of season so there were lots of beds available and it wasnt very crowded. The view from the pool is lovely and overlooks the sea and some mountains.
We didnt do any day trips but were told they were excellent, so be sure to book them on your first day.
The local taxi firm has some great cars available, so if it's a special night, enquire what they have available, cost is not bad either.
It's a $12 taxi ride into Rodney Bay, this is where all the restuarants, bars and shops are. Look up reviews on Big Chef (Thee BEST steak house EVER - We dined here 3 out of 7 nights) and Razmataz (Really lovely, down to earth, authentic Indian restaurant - 2 out of 7 nights).
We also visited Groslet Town on Friday night for the weekly street party - It is definately worth going to this, it is so much fun, the music is excellent and the street vendors offer lots of lovely local street food. It's also a great oppotunity to get any gifts for family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate