My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in February 2011 and we loved every minute of it. After discovering that flights to St. Lucia were the one of the least expensive in the Caribbean, we decided we could splurge a little on the hotel. We were picked up at the airport and it does take awhile to get to the hotel (2 hours), and you go through some very windy roads, so its not great for people that get carsick easily. Anyway, after we arrived, the staff checked us in and we were upgraded to a junior suite with a private plunge pool. The villa was beautiful and spacious. The bed was very comfy and the bedroom is kept air conditioned, so its very pleasant contrast from the living area, where there is no A/C. We spent a lot of time on our private balcony, overlooking the ocean while we read or napped. The plunge pool was nice to have, but it was actually quite chilly so I didn't go in but my husband enjoyed it after laying in the hot sun.
We only went to Cap Maison's private beach while we were there and did not venture out to any other beaches - because we felt no need. The beach was private, not crowded at all and there were plenty of beach chairs available. The bar was fully stocked and you had plenty of water activities right at your fingertips.
The restaurant is good, but nothing special. We ate there for breakfast every day, lunch a few times and dinner a few times. It was mostly out of convenience and laziness, so if you are feeling motivated and adventurous, I would try to eat out at the local restaurants.
I would note is that we are a couple in our late 20's, and this hotel definitely attracts an older crowd. This is good for us, because we tend to be quiet vacationers. So if you are looking for a party and active nightlife with other hotel guests, this is probably not the right spot for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate