“Massively disappointed!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Weighbridge
“Massively disappointed!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I am a firm believer that you have to experience things for yourself before being able to comment or understand another persons point of view. This website is a great place to get an understanding of different venues worldwide, and I have used it when I have visited different worldwide locations myself. Yes some places have had terrible reviews and are balanced with good ones. But after being invited to The George Inn by some friends I did look at this site and was pretty sceptical about what we may endure!

But I must say that my wife and I had the most tremendous evening and its why I have had to write this and recommend it to everyone. The village is beautiful and from what we saw was pretty vibrant with a couple of other pubs (The Swan is one of them and is a wonderful place, we had a drink there before our meal at the George) which all seemed busy which is rare these days.

The George is a fantastic building with lovely decor(the copper bar was gleaming and the metal sculptures were interesting), The ambience, the service and the evening was just perfect. But I cannot speak highly enough of the food, Yes it was busy and it took a little bit of time, but it was definitely worth waiting! why you would want to rush in and out when you are enjoying yourselves I do not know! I had slow cooked belly pork which was incredible and my wife was over the moon with her risotto. The wine list was also great and we enjoyed the Longbeach far too much (hiccup!).

All in all I must say with complete seriousness that you should not always go by what you read on this site, as it may not be a fair reflection on the place you visit. We have some fantastic places in Surrey to dine out at, but we will be back here for sure and will tell everyone to come down to beautiful Wedmore and experience it for themselves.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AMStelar

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Staff Problems !!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Really disappointed with this. We ordered lunch and sat outside in the sun. 40 minutes later I asked barman if he could chase up our meal. He came back saying it had been "forgoton" and would be 10 minutes, but worth waiting for. After another 15 minutes Iasked again to be told it was "just coming". 5 minutes later waitress brought cutlery and it would be 2 minutes. after another 10 minutes, still with no meal we decided to leave and asked for a refund. Barman said food was ready, waitress said it was "just about there". Barman became obnoxious when I complained, I left and my wife tried to explain why we were annoyed and how they could have helped the situation by offering a snack or drink in the meantime and she was told to "Bu**er off". Unbelieveable rudesness and insincerity!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank mjsheehan
“Staff problems?”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went here for lunch over the weekend, had a lovely meal but it was quite under staffed, and the the staff that were working really had no idea, and the landlord was a bit non plus, shame as it was amazing food but not backed up by the rest of the place! Shame as it could be really good place with some decent staff in place

Highbridge, United Kingdom
“Old pub”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It was a curry night when we arrived, it was quite good

Visited September 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A wonderful change from the usual pub food.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Beautiful building with a great ambience. Food good and well above the usual pub fayre.b

• Visited March 2012