“One of the best”

Cin Cin by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: cin cin [chin-chin] 1. a cheers or toast to good health. 2. a refreshingly contemporary, elegant new restaurant that offers 'alfresco dining' with sweeping views of the west coast of Barbados. A trendy new hot spot that features an air-conditioned lounge bar with an expansive glass wall allowing uninterrupted views across the water, serving quintessentially Mediterranean-style cuisine with a Caribbean twist.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had an amazing meal at Cin Cin...the ravioli was simply delicious...the steak frites was perfect and the peppercorn sauce was creamy and mouthwatering.... the tiramisu was really light. The service was excellent, friendly but professional. We had a table outside...lovely location and view...only downside was the "smoking" area was immediately behind our table...that spoiled it somewhat but when we complained, all further smokers were then redirected to the front of the building...thank you...personally I think that is a much better arrangement...far from the diners. Overall this was an enjoyable experience and I would certainly reccommend Cin Cin.

1  Thank EluniaZ
Write a ReviewReviews (2,215)

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This restaurant is the closest 'fancy' restaurant (as well as Champers) if you're staying on the south/around Bridgetown. The food was fantastic, and the sunset view was the best we had on our holiday. Lovely selection of cocktails too, plus some live jazz music the night we went. Great for a special occasion.

1  Thank Nat S
Reviewed July 6, 2013

A menu that features apple and mango crumble couldn't go wrong! The set up was so trendy and the staff were awesome. It was a little hot but they had the fans out for us so we soon settled down. Compared to The Cliff this was defo the trendier though The Cliff was also fab!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We just popped in to check it out before we continued our trip to Oistins. We were greeted by very friendly staff and we asked them if we could just take a drink in the lounge and a look at the lounge bar menu. We were shown to a table in the lounge bar with views out over the main restaurant and ocean. We ordered some small snacks and they can only be described as wonderful. The prices were quite reasonable as well for such a chic and up class restaurant. The restaurant was first class with magnificent views. We will definitely be returning but next time we will be using the main restaurant after using the lounge :-)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have to say that I was a little apprehensive about dining at Cin Cin given some of the feedback to customers reviews, and was even more concerned when I too could not get a table at 7.30pm and had to settle for 7.15pm instead. I understand that tables are going to be turned around within a certain time, but don't really appreciate being drawn to that fact. Having said that, I didn't feel rushed in anyway and found my apprehension to be totally misplaced. From the start to the end of our meal we had a fantastic time. The gents at the valet desk started our evening with a pleasant welcome, we were then met by (i assume) the maitre'd who continued the theme onto the table where we met our waiter.
The bar area is extremely cool and decking gorgeous, if a little hot. The food was great too, felt very in keeping with the vibe. Wine choice was very good and reasonably priced relative to the island. The only thing that would have improved my evening is being allowed to wear shorts, but can appreciate the desire to have a dress code. However, I still think I can look smart in a pair of shorts and would have been infinitely more comfortable on a humid evening such as it was!
As for the tipping. We rather unfortunately didn't read up on this until our last day so was under the impression that the 10% service charge was the norm (it is generally 10% service charge included all over the island). I suddenly realised this might not be the case when we felt we had upset the waiter in leaving it at that. His demeanour changed dramatically with this and can only apologise as to my lack of knowledge in the matter. I can assure you it wasn't any reflection on the level of service, merely a misplaced assumption. I would add though that I had previously been to Tides and The Cliff where my error wasn't felt by us. On my first visit to The Cliff I accidentally failed to tip at all, yet was welcomed back congenially upon my next visit where I later put right my mistake (albeit another mere 10%... very embarrassed again!)

michellerogers2010, Owner at Cin Cin by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We appreciate your feedback on Cin Cin and we are very flattered by your comments. We do however have to apologize if you were made to feel in any way that you had upset your waiter by not leaving any additional tip. There is a 10% service charge that is put on the pre VAT amount of your bill and this is an industry standard pretty much everywhere. This goes into a service pool as it takes more than one member of staff to make your evening truly complete. Often guests will leave a little extra if they have really enjoyed themselves and have been well looked after but this most certainly is at your discretion. I think the confusion comes from the fact that many people, especially in the US are tipping 15 to 20% which is not and should not ever be "expected" here. I would like to think that your server was either new to our team or may have been preoccupied by something or someone else - perhaps another guest. We do thank you for taking the time to express your experience in such an understanding manner but it is us that should be embarrassed. We are very sorry that your evening, which almost sounded perfect, was marred by the impression that you had anyway offended one of our staff. We will discuss this in our daily briefing to avoid any future re occurrence. We are here to make our guests "feel special" and I can assure you that we are very thankful that you chose us to dine with. We look forward to the opportunity to lure you back to Cin Cin on a return visit to Barbados so we can make your evening an even more memorable one.