“At Sea feeling”

Cin Cin by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: cin cin [chin-chin] 1. a cheers or toast to good health. 2. a refreshingly contemporary, elegant new restaurant that offers 'alfresco dining' with sweeping views of the west coast of Barbados. A trendy new hot spot that features an air-conditioned lounge bar with an expansive glass wall allowing uninterrupted views across the water, serving quintessentially Mediterranean-style cuisine with a Caribbean twist.
Barbados
“At Sea feeling”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We dine there every opportunity. most people like the open air deck. i enjoy the indoor upper seats and air conditioning and the feeling that i am on a cruise looking out at the ocean. Food still excellent. love the pork buns..the steak and frites were cooked to perfection and the onion rings were crispy.service friendly and efficient. owners Larry and michelle are doing a great job. will be back.j

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Chic atmosphere, wonderful food & service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was our second visit to Cin Cin, having dined there in April 2012 & so wonderfully impressed, we were certain to book for our annual vacation in 2013. I can say unequivocally this restaurant is one of our favorite spots in Barbados. Our first visit was fantastic, and this past experience was just as impressive. The chic bar with perfect lighting and a wall of windows that frames the beautiful ocean view is just a prelude to the gorgeous terrace dining area. As stunning as the environment is, the premium food and superb service stand on their own. Last year I was delighted by a pn entree of papardelle with a meaty ragu, and when I mentioned to the waiter that I was slightly disappointed to find it was not on the menu, he offered to have the chef prepare their short rib currently on the menu that evening in a similar type of ragu with the papardelle. It was delicious! Service such as that is impressive and well beyond what is expected. We have found staff & service impeccable. For the reviewer that complained the staff needed to relax more, I disagree completely. This is a quality, elegant restaurant. I do not want the informal, laid back service as one would receive at a beach bar. As to those that complain about waiting in the bar for their table, or worse yet, expecting short notice reservations to get a table "on the rail", I suggest taking advantage of the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail in that beautiful, sexy bar before dining, and plan in advance for premium restaurant reservations in Barbados. We made our reservations weeks in advance. It is well worth it, and we are looking forward to our 2014 return already.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Clicquot1st
Bridgetown, Barbados
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“drinks”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

i went there for drinks the drinks were great and generally te service was excelent but on my departure I was verbally acosted and told to keep my voice down. I was in the middle of a bar One of the hosts were in a bad mood and was very rude. this ruined the whole experience for me

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gerhard1972
michellerogers2010, Owner at Cin Cin by the Sea, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are very sorry that you took offense to our host asking you to lower your voice however we had had complaints from other patrons and we are obligated to try to keep all of our guests as comfortable as possible. We are an elegant type of bar lounge and our clients expect voice levels to be moderate. Often if one is having a good time one can forget how loud one is becoming and I am sure this is what transpired and on your part it was not deliberate. Regardless of this fact you do need to understand that we have other customers that we have to cater to and in this instance this was the case.
London, United Kingdom
“Stylish Restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This stylish restaurant is nice and modern to walk into with cocktails served inside before dining on a terrace overlooking the ocean. The menu is great but I would say its style over substance as the staff are not as switched on as they should be. We were shown our wine, then the waiter disappeared without opening it !!! Nice evening but in my opinion the staff need to make more effort to impress.

Visited April 2013
Hallaton, United Kingdom
“Lovey location but.........”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Highly recommended by friends and booked a table for 8 at 8.30, sat in the glass bar and had to ask for the a/c to be turned off as it was freezing, Table eventually ready at 9.30, very nice setting, service ok, had to ask three times for wine to be served. Fish cakes very bland and stodgy, scallops on cous cous also very tasteless, eight of us had a pleasant meal but nothing memorable with the exception of the bread and butter pudding which was lovely. Overall I am afraid too much style over substance, disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank X11jpn
michellerogers2010, Owner at Cin Cin by the Sea, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are sorry that your evening was not all that you expected however we are somewhat puzzled `by your comment about our "fish cakes" as we most definitely do not serve them at Cin Cin! Our menu is Mediterranean and we keep as close to this style as we can. The scallops is one of my favourite dishes and also being someone who loves scallops one would have to appreciate that their flavour is delicate and the Israeli cous cous just compliments them beautifully. We realize that this might be your taste which is unfortunate. At least the bread and butter pudding come to our rescue!! On the matter of the A/C area, it is kept at 24 degrees Celcius which is a relatively warm 75 degrees Fahrenheit. We have clients that request our inside air conditioned dining so it really is a matter of "different strokes for different folks". We aim to keep our patrons as happy as we can but this is not always possible as we are not a big restaurant so space is limited. In your case I think perhaps you may have been expecting a restaurant that offered a more formal fine dining experience. Cin Cin is "a more relaxed informal yet still elegant eaterie" serving good food using quality ingredients by staff who aim to be efficient and friendly. For you to have waited an hour for your table is completely unacceptable and for this to have happened without apology or some sort of explanation bewilders me. This is not a common occurrance for our front team and for that we truly apologize. We hope that possibly in the future that if you do to give us another try your would be so kind as to give us a heads up on your previous experience so that we can go that extra mile to spoil you rotten.