“Make Mine Meat”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My colleague is a frequent diner here. His New York Cut was prepared earlier in the day. The chef knew how he liked it and that's exacntly how it was presented, along with the inevitable bowl of fries and simple salad. But, what a meat lovers destination!! My other colleague had the ladies size serve, and my meat (perfect medium rare) was amazing as well. Good wine selection or BYO if you wish (not many left these days) but more importantly, as people came through the door on a weeknight, the owner seemed to know all of them. Surely that's the elementary criterion for a great eatery. And that's why diners return.

1  Thank geraldq

Reviewed March 25, 2012

A nice place to visit for a steak. Gets very busy so would suggest a booking. Steaks are not cheap so be prepared to pay. The steaks are cooked to your liking or desire. You can selecy your own steak from the display and the chefs are on display so you can watch your steak being cooked. Drinks are reasonably priced and ther is a reasonable range of wines both red and white

1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed June 24, 2011

When my husband and I have a hankering for a great steak we head to Steak Bank in Ormond. We have been going there for more than a decade now, it’s been there a long time and the steaks are pretty hard to beat. In fact I can’t think of anywhere we’ve had steak that even comes close!

Steak Bank is a meat lover’s paradise; check out the refrigerated glass display cabinet and make your choice between beef, emu, kangaroo, buffalo, camel, crocodile and more. But its eye fillet steak that hits the spot for us with a pepper sauce, done medium rare.

You can have any choice of sides you like as long as it’s chips and salad. The salad is always fresh and tasty and the chips are always crispy and perfectly cooked. The service is exceptional, efficient yet unobtrusive but always on the ball.

The only down side is the rather dated décor, it hasn’t changed its Bank theme for years, but it is such a minor point and certainly doesn’t keep the patrons away. This restaurant is pretty much always full no matter what night we have been there.

Steak Bank isn’t cheap nor is it real pricey, just great value for money. There is an extensive wine list and a large variety of beers all priced reasonably. It’s one of my local favourites and I highly recommend it.

2  Thank brightonbrain