the staff is so friendly here! they were very wellcoming when we arrived for our 2 night-stay.
the rooms in the chatelets were basic, but clean, the beach was just a few meters away (but you ll have to cross a small road).
the food at the restaurant is cooked by the staff from the reception and they do a great job :) unfortunately on our first night most items of the already small menu werent available but the next day we were able to try the fish and mixed veggies (loved both!). breakfast is basic but also good.
we were unlucky with the weather but rented bodyboards anyway and had a fun time in the water! the walk to the tip of borneo is short and we had a nice time there. if its raining, you can borrow a book and read on your small personal veranda.
this has nothing to do with the hostel but i need to mention it to other travellers because it caused me some suffering: in the water there is no problem, but we sat on the sand for 10 min and i had about 35 flysand-bites all over my body! the itching seriously was not bearable and i couldnt sleep. the itches left scars and the itching lasted so much longer than mosquito bites. repellent could help but i am not sure about that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are at the tip of Borneo. We are 500 metres walk to the tip of Borneo.We have daily shuttle from Kota Kinabalu to Tip of Borneo and return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Tommy's Place, Tip of Borneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tip Of Borneo Hotel Kudat
- Tommy's Place, Tip Of Borneo Kudat, Sabah