My friends and I booked our places on the White Water Rafting weeks in advance. We set off on our journey at 9am on Sunday to ensure we arrived at the Centre in good time for our 2.15pm slot. The journey took us 4 hours in total and we arrived an hour in advance as planned. Unfortunately, about 30 minutes before arriving, we had a voicemail from Hannah saying that the rafting had to be cancelled owing to the bad weather, confusing as there was sunshine when we arrived. We were also amazed to see other groups just starting their rafting. During a visit to Reception, Hannah and Paul [--] explained the situation as rain the previous night was causing the water levels to rise resulting in an increase of bacteria in the water. Tests had been carried out earlier that morning but they had only called at 12.15pm. We were reassured that we could have a refund but did not find Hannah or Paul to have much sympathy for us considering the wasted time, petrol money, mileage on the car and 8 disappointed customers. Hannah was in fact quite rude when we got to Reception almost suggesting we were part at fault for showing up. Our total losses for the day amounted to: petrol cost of £60 for the journey, 8 hours of travelling time, 400 miles on the car, wear and tear and personal disappointment. We are not completely convinced on this reasoning to cancel our rafting, as there were groups starting and finishing their slots just 30 minutes before we were due to take part. We wonder if there is perhap something we were not told? I seriously DO NOT recommend this company, especially if you are travelling a great distance because they give limited notice of cancellation and don't seem too bothered about cancelling on their customers.
Property: National Water Sports Centre Hotel & CampsiteAddress: National Water Sports Centre Adbolton Lane | National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham NG12 2LU, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Nottinghamshire > Nottingham > Holme Pierrepont
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holme Pierrepont
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Hotel Class:3 star — National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite 3*
Number of rooms: 62
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you choose to stay at Holme Pierrepont Country Park, you are choosing to stay at one of the UK's most unique and inspiring venues. No matter what your reason is for visiting Nottingham, we have a range of accommodation to suit everyone's needs: Lakeside accommodation - located in our main Lakeside building, our 54 en-suite bedroom accommodation offers the perfect comfortable night away from home. The Elms - A self-contained cottage which sleeps 11, The Elms enjoys views of the lake and country park and is perfect for groups looking to stay with us. Campsite - our 18 acre campsite welcomes vans, tents and campers and is a fantastic destination from which to explore Nottinghamshire. Camping Arches - want the camping experience without the hassle of putting a tent up? Then our camping arches will be perfect for you! The arches are unique insulated wooden huts that provide warm and cosy accommodation, perfect for a weekend away. Tipis - NEW for 2016! For anyone wanting a more 'glamping' camping experience, each tipi four people and contains four beds and electricity; all you need to bring with you is bedding (sleeping bag/ duvet/ pillows) and your other camping essentials such as a torch/ light, warm clothes and camping chairs to name a few! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- National Water Sports Centre Hotel Holme Pierrepont
- National Water Sports Centre Hotel & Campsite Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham, United Kingdom