Needed a location for a trip to Nottingham for University Open Day, plumped for the Village over the on-Campus Orchards Venue on the basis of price & facilities. Having stayed at the Warrington version of the chain I knew what to expect & the hotel doesn't disappoint.
A change of plan meant we weren't able to make the use of all the facilities, the 25m pool also had a bearing on the choice over the Orchards.
On arrival friendly greeting by the chap on reception - v helpful on directions, timings etc. for the drive to campus.
Bed comfort is always a problem & after a 3 1/2 hour drive and the knowledge of a 5-6 hour walk round the University the following day I was hoping for a decent mattress. Thankfully no issues despite the drive & a less than comfortable bed at a conference centre 4 nights previously. Big thumbs up!
Room (210) was enormous - best estimate would be 25 x 15 feet, one double, 2 single beds with plenty of space, with the sofa bed in theory the room can accommodate 6 - but this would probably be a squeeze.
Yes the decor is a bit tired & the grouting around the bath could do with a quick steam clean but the bath itself was perfectly fine.
Breakfast is buffet style - no grumbles from me - all the usual cooked breakfast favourites - kept me going until late afternoon.
Offspring was impressed with the University & commented on how green the City felt. She will undoubtedly be applying & assuming successful I would be more than happy to stay at the Village again & give the facilities the once over I was expecting to give them this time around.
The Average rating feels a bit unfair but a very good rating is too generous. Unfortunately there is no Good rating in between hence the "rounding down"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Nottingham is minutes away from junction 25 of the M1 and just outside the City Centre. The hotel is ideally located for many major attractions including Nottingham Castle, Sherwood Forest, Newstead Abbey, American Adventure and Alton Towers Theme Parks. Nottingham is a vibrant city renowned for its fantastic shops and nightlife. Village Hotel Nottingham has 135 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Nottingham
- Village Hotel Leisure Nottingham
- Hotel Nottingham Village
- Village Hotel Nottingham Chilwell