Village Hotel Nottingham
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
$74
Agoda.com
$84
$70
$62
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$82
$41
Travelodge
$79
PremierInn.com
Hotels.com
2,321 results
All reviewsattenborough nature reserveleisure facilitiesclub roomretail parkpublic housesky tvthe pubcoffee machineswimming poolgreat facilitiessteam roomlovely hotelchanging roomscomfy bedgood nights sleepthe upper deckthe verve
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a trip for our anniversary so treated ourselves to an 'upper deck' room. Lovely comfortable large bed. Not overly large room but nicely decorated and clean. Reception staff helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was very nice. Lovely leisure facilities, large pool and sauna. The negatives: room overlooking roof which had some form of generator so same humming as others described, very cheap nasty feeling toilet roll(!) and lastly couldn't work out how to use the kettle and related bits. Tray with kettle and things on nowhere near the plug socket, so after walked kettle over to a found socket we found the lead of kettle was so short and awkward we gave up in the end trying to use! Overall apart from a few niggles would recommend. They are all things that could be improved, please note de vere village!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stopped at this location whilst visiting my Daughter at Nottingham University.It is very clean and tidy with helpful staff. The bars and food are of good quality , and the rooms nicely laid out and equiped.I would definately use this again when staying in the area

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed at the hotel, when attending an anniversary party. Travelling alone, I treated myself to an 'Upper Deck' room - the 'Posturepedic bed' & 'Bespoke Starbucks Hot Drinks Package' swung it for me. Plenty of free parking & an easy check-in. Was surprised to hear that my room was on the first floor - silly me thought that 'Upper Deck' meant it would be higher up in the building and maybe a bit quieter.

Room wasn't as big as I'd imagined it would be and was a long walk away from the lift/stairs. Decor was pleasant enough, but the carpet could have done with a good hoovering. Had a bit of trouble getting the TV to work. There were instructions, but they weren't very clear. I called reception and a member of staff said she'd come and sort it out for me. Just as she arrived, I finally managed to figure it out. Bathroom adequate, but not much shelf space and the shower was a little temperamental.

The bed was sensational! Good quality, clean, fresh linen and a fantastic mattress. I often find it hard to get comfortable in hotel beds, but this was an exceptional one. On arrival, I noticed that the room window was slightly open, which was fine, on a warm & sunny afternoon. However, at bedtime, I was reminded that it was still open by a low pitched buzzing sound emanating from outside - like an electricity generator or some kind of refrigeration system. It wasn't loud, but it was annoying and so, I decided to shut the window ..... only to discover that I couldn't!! There was some kind of lock on it, which refused to be manoeuvred.

Hard to fault the breakfast buffet or the staff, who were excellent. Special mention to the charming young gentleman behind the bar, on the evening of the anniversary party - he was very helpful and engaged all his customers in conversation.

Now, most people will consider this to be a triviality but I'm a pedant and the thing that annoyed me most was this hotel's perception of a 'Bespoke Starbucks Hot Drinks Package'. I'd noticed that there was a Starbucks Coffee Shop in the hotel reception and wondered how a 'bespoke' service in the room would work (bearing in mind that the definition of 'bespoke' is 'made to order'). In my room, there were 2 sachets of Starbucks Italian Roast Dark & 2 sachets of the same in a decaf version; a selection of tea bags (English breakfast, Earl Grey & green tea) plus a couple of packets of biscotti. How exactly is that 'bespoke'?? Those were not my beverages of choice! On visiting a fellow guests room (which wasn't 'Upper Deck'), I discovered that although their selection of hot drinks wasn't of the Starbucks brand, it was actually more plentiful than mine! Most disappointing for someone who was looking forward to waking up to a nice cappuccino in bed.

Overall, I'm not sure if I would stay here again. Yes, the bed was lovely but, for the £99 I paid, I expected much more luxury than I experienced ...... and a better cup of coffee!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NinjaArkRock
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We paid £85 for 2 adults and 1 child which did include a nice breakfast. (I started with the positive). But the room was outdated and had mould in the bathroom. My daughter had to sleep on a camp bed squashed into a corner which could not really hold another bed. This is the best bit. We requested a king sized bed to discover for the 2 singles to be pushed together with the side light attached to the headboard above my head while I sleeped, so I couldn't move all night incase I banged my head. But the biggest problem is that people at allowed to sit outside all night and smoke, which is fine except they were screaming, shouting and laughing until about 3am, with no one offering to reduce their volume. I would not recommend this hotel. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Another hotel where you are guaranteed a good nights sleep, sorry.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night when attending a local family wedding. There was plenty of parking and the presentation of the hotel reception, bar etc. was excellent. Our room was clean and spacious - the bathroom was a bit outdated but had a decent shower. No air conditioning unfortunately, making the room uncomfortably warm on a hot summers day and night. Managed to fit in a visit to use the pool, sauna, steam room, which was great, considering we only paid £65 B&B. The breakfast was good, self-service but they kept replenishing the food regularly. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Only downside about the stay was that it said you could check in from 3pm - we got there just after 3 but had to wait until 3.30 as they were still cleaning the rooms. But overall, a great hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family