“OK for an overnight stay or 2”

Village Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilwell
gateshead
“OK for an overnight stay or 2”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here as I was attending a conference at the East Midlands University and we had a discount at this hotel for that. The reception staff are really helpful and the rooms are clean with TV,tea-coffee making facilities etc. I'm not sure how much a full price room would have been, but Premier Inn's are cheaper and the rooms are just as good, but with more comfy beds! My room was on the far side of the hotel and a long walk from reception, including a small staircase, so not a suitable room if you had bad legs! Not a problem for me, but in case anyone in a wheelchair is reading this, make sure they know when you book! I didn't make use of any of the leisure/beauty facilities as I was at the conference most of the time. The breakfast was comprehensive and the cooked buffet was lovely. I was disturbed on my second night by young children banging about in the room next to me and in the corridors, their parents would come to see them now and then and at one point I went out to ask them to have a bit of consideration for other people, so not sure what was going on there. That isn't the hotel's fault though.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, make sure to ask for a room near reception or the lift.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
cheshire
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lost booking even though we had confirmed with a credit card !! then sent to room that we could not get to as we had a wheelchair and a few steps to navigate ! went back to the reception to be told oh yes lift broke you will have to walk round the back of the hotel to get to your room ( we did advise on booking that we had a disabled person in our party). Not nice we have to walk passed hotel bins mouse traps staff smoking .

After chatting to other guests we were told lift has been broken for months even though reception told us just broken and waiting for a special part . our room was not cleaned had to ask for towels not enough i for 3 guests no bedding for sofa bed On checking out I notice or bill was wrong and told that's extra for cleaning and breakfast . the price offered was for twin even though I booked a family room !!!

This is the first time I have ever felt the need to to write on trip advisor this is not the standard we would expect De Vere Hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Chilwell hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was expecting more, having been to a Village Hotel in Cheadle with work. This place was a disappointing.

First off - the good bits: great gym/gym classes (but call in advance to book a spot!); ample free parking.

The not-so-good bits: Amazingly, the room isn't made up/cleaned every up every day, which was a) a surprise and b) really rubbish to come back to after a long day working. There's no in-room breakfast, which is a bit of a pain. The room I was in had a floodlight outside, which the curtains couldn't fully block out. Further to this, the door was letting in absolutely loads of light from the noisy corridor. I've never slept so badly - I can usually sleep through anything! TV channel choice was a bit poor - no BBC Three/Four, just More 4, E4 and sports channels on top of 1-5.

Not sure where this hotel is pitching itself - but it was a disappointing choice for a few days away with work!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I needed a ROOM for one night close to the Beeston Hockey Club ground where our team was playing in a national final the following day and the location was fantastic being just a couple of miles down the road. That dinner and breakfast were on-site and included in the price was great. Welcome and check-in were smooth and the receptionist booked us a table for dinner. The room was what you would expect from this type of establishment. It was a little tired and I would not go there for a special occasion but it was clean and tidy, especially the bathroom, and met our need. We found enough choice on the dinner menu and enjoyed our meal. Breakfast was a highlight being tasty, varied and plentiful! However, the truly outstanding feature was the service. All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and cheerful to the guests and each other. They appear to be a highly motivated team. Next time we require this type of accommodation, we will look at the Village website before any others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
milton keynes
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Over night stay for a hen night. not impressed with the pool area but beauty treatments are very good. Evening well organised and food ok. rooms quite nice, clean and comfortable, although walls very thin. good value overall.

Room Tip: Upper desk rooms looked lovely
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
High Peak Derbyshire
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights in May with my wife. Check I was painfully slow with a large que and long wait at reception. The room was a good size, the bed was large and was 2 mattresses pushed together. The hotel is starting to tire and lacks quality. The bathroom was adequate though lacks any quality. The electric heating in the room was very noisy and kept us awake. Noise from the neighbours and corridor was easily heard. The Verve restaurant food was disappointing though the bar food was good. Breakfast was good though the queue and wait to be seated was frustrating. Free WiFi and parking, reasonably priced food and friendly hardworking staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Fareham
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wife and I used Village Hotel at Chilwell because it was local to the Royal Engineers' Depot where we were attending an REA Weekend.

Plus Points: Handy for Chetwynd Barracks. Put the (off)Red Carpet out for us. (Well, it was put out for SOMEBODY... and we walked on it.
Breakfast, rooms are all you would expect in a medium-budget hotel.
Learnt we COULD have taken Dog (£15 extra).

Minus point: Sole person on reception engaged on protracted telephone conversation (around 5 minutes) whilst we waited to book in.

Room Tip: Don't have a bath .... have a shower instead. Bath is far to slow to fill, and also too slow to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilwell
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#1 of 49 in Nottingham
Jurys Inn Nottingham
Jurys Inn Nottingham
#7 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to Village Hotel Nottingham? Share your experiences!