We got married here in June 2005 and i have to say that everthing was perfect. I really liked that you could pre order your meal so at dinner time there was minimal fuss at the table as the staff knew exactly where all the meals were going. The food was excellant and i can honestly say that i have never experienced anything like it at other weddings! The staff were all brilliant and i was really happy with both the hairdressers and photographers as i was slightly worried as i didnt meet them till the day of the wedding, they were so much better than i could have imagined. We had fireworks at night and also a ceilidh which was fun! If anyone is thinking of getting married here my advise would be to do it! I am hoping to go back in the future for an anniversary treat!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. Private guided tours conducted by the owner Phillip Ptolomey can be arranged each evening if prebooked ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Comlongon Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield