“ONE OF THE BEST IN THE VILLAGES”
Review of TooJay's

TooJay's
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in The Villages
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very clean, great food, portions much too big.....very tasty.
They have the best breakfast in the villages hands down.....their breakfast potatoes are the best.....

1  Thank Pat M

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have just returned after four years and the service issues persist. The food is good if a bit pricey, unfortunately it is just not worth the wait. Arrived today for an early lunch, while there were moderate traffic in the restaurant, the line to be seated by the hostess was LONG and without cause. Upon being seated I performed a search of the area and noted at least 15 tables empty awaiting customers and two empty awaiting cleaning. I inquired to staffing and was told they were running at full staff, so that rules out any delay in that area. When attended in a reasonable time by our waitress, we ordered appetizers and sandwiches. A reasonable time later we were delivered our sandwiches only, the server did not put in the order for the appetizers. This is a well established pattern of slow service. Truth be told it's a shorter wait to order takeout while waiting in the line, then proceed to the outdoor area to enjoy without all the aggravation. Too bad management does nothing to address this, as this is a common complaint overheard in the line, I cannot believe they are unaware of it. If they are shame in them.

1  Thank RaeRae M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Potato Latke was greasy - Server was great - Hadn't been back for over 2 years - guess it will take another 2

1  Thank froggyFlorida
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had breakfast there on one of our last mornings in The Villages. Not crowded at all, seated quickly, but the it took a while for a server to appear. The lox Benedict could use more lox, and Hollandaise, and less red onion. The accompanying fruit salad was standard Sysco issue, so no surprises. The smoked fish platter had a nice chunk of whitefish and a couple of good sized slices of Nova, and again with the over-abundance of red onion, oy! The bagels are not quite NY style, but they have a little bit of chew. So, ok food and lingering service.
We got some chopped liver from the deli on the way out, but we should have bought a smaller amount, because we did not like it. It had a sweet taste to it; so sweet, I thought I had put peanut butter on my cracker instead of chopped liver! It was not like any chopped liver I have purchased or made before, I do not recommend it, at all. We will give TooJay's a try for lunch next time we're in The Villages because the pastrami and corned beef did look good.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I think they have slipped . Went there a while ago and ordered lentil soup at the advice of the server. The soup came out so thick ,it looked like oatmeal and it was so salty you could not eat it. Does anyone back in the kitchen ever taste the food that the are serving? I have gone there on three occasions and was not impressed by the food. I have given them three tries, your out!