“Blast from the Past”

Ollie's Frozen Custard
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in The Villages
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Description: Ollie's is an old fashion ICE Cream parlor that sells Frozen Custard. Once you've tried frozen custard you'll never go back to regular ice cream!
Reviewed September 16, 2017

When​ ​I​ ​was​ ​a​ ​student​ ​at​ ​N.I.U.​ ​in​ ​DeKalb,​ ​Illinois​ ​in​ ​the​ ​80s,​ ​I​ ​frequented​ ​a​ ​frozen​ ​custard​ ​shop in​ ​Sycamore,​ ​Illinois.​ ​​ ​Imagine​ ​my​ ​surprise​ ​on​ ​my​ ​last​ ​trip​ ​to​ ​The​ ​Villages,​ ​Florida​ ​when​ ​I​ ​saw​ ​an advertisement​ ​in​ ​the​ ​local​ ​newspaper​ ​for​ ​Ollie’s​ ​Frozen​ ​Custard.​ ​​ ​Could​ ​it​ ​possibly​ ​be​ ​the​ ​same owners​ ​of​ ​the​ ​shop​ ​I​ ​remembered​ ​so​ ​fondly?​ ​​ ​We​ ​had​ ​to​ ​check​ ​it​ ​out​ ​and​ ​much​ ​to​ ​my​ ​delight,​ ​it is​ ​in​ ​fact​ ​an​ ​affiliated​ ​frozen​ ​custard​ ​shop.​ ​​ ​They​ ​offer​ ​frozen​ ​custard​ ​in​ ​vanilla,​ ​chocolate​ ​and​ ​a special​ ​flavor​ ​of​ ​the​ ​day,​ ​plus​ ​they​ ​also​ ​have​ ​a​ ​variety​ ​of​ ​ice​ ​cream​ ​flavors,​ ​both​ ​can​ ​be​ ​packed to​ ​take​ ​home.​ ​​ ​You​ ​can​ ​order​ ​frozen​ ​custard​ ​pies​ ​to​ ​take​ ​home.​ ​​ ​They​ ​also​ ​serve​ ​Nathan’s​ ​hot dogs,​ ​​ ​What​ ​a​ ​great​ ​blast​ ​from​ ​the​ ​past​ ​to​ ​enjoy​ ​a​ ​turtle​ ​sundae​ ​made​ ​with​ ​Ollie’s​ ​creamy, homemade,​ ​decadent​ ​frozen​ ​custard,​ ​which​ ​took​ ​me​ ​back​ ​to​ ​my​ ​college​ ​days.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Went there as it appears to have great ratings. Having never been before, we had questions about the offerings. We were a little hesitant, but as soon as what appeared to be regulars were walking in (called by name), we were told to be excused and off he went to greet them! We were a little put off by that! Custard was good, may or may not go back.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Good ice cream, lots if toppings. Kind of hidden on the strip. Would get more business if they had better prices.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Also yummy! We got sugar free orange and pineapple.. You never know it was sugar free. It was sweet and hit the spot! We also got a mud pie. It was rich creamy and smooth. Never disappointed!

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Worth the stop and so good & creamy. Daily flavors with inside or outside seating. Great value for money; only wish variety of flavors were more than just a few.

1  Thank Niferlou