“Beautiful hotel on Lake Sumter close to Villages shops”
Review of The Waterfront Inn

The Waterfront Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in The Villages
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Beautiful hotel on Lake Sumter close to Villages shops”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night when we visited THe VIllages and were delighted. We had stayed elsewhere in the Villages our first night at a nice hotel but this hotel was clearly a more upscale choice and worth the extra money. The room was comfortable, very nicely decorated, granite counters, lovely tv, coffee maker, frig, microwave and a balcony overlooking Lake Sumter. Our room was very quiet and the mattress was perfect. The room temperature controls worked perfectly! That is important to us. I did read in some reviews that special events in the hotel created a problem, but there were no weddings or banquets on our night so we had total peace and quiet overlooking the beautiful views of the lake.

Check in was easy. Elevator was quick. (One minor observation: although rugs in the lobby and hallways was clean, the elevator rug needed some attention.) Location was ideal as it is a block or two from all the towns and the village square of Lake Sumter Villages. Note: the hotel provides coffee in the lobby but there is no complimentary continental breakfast. The hotel restaurant does serve breakfast although we did not eat there.

We would definitely consider going back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jan c
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in being the most upscale hotel in the area. I strive to do daily checks of the hotel rooms with the executive housekeeper to make sure they are clean and maintained. My apologies for the condition of the elevator floors, however, we are in the process of getting bids to have the floors redone. (no carpet this time!)
We have great things down the pike, such as, new lobby furniture and a restaurant menu refresh! It will be well worth checking out again!
Thank you so much for staying with us and I look forward to your return.
Christy Kitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
The Villages, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've only made it as far as the lobby and the restaurant, but when I had more friends visit than I had guest rooms one couple stayed at The Waterfront Inn for a couple of nights. These are people who typically stay at 4- and 5-star hotels, so I was a little nervous. They were delighted with their accommodations. They selected a king guest room overlooking the lake and loved the view. They said the bed was very comfortable and the room was immaculate.

When you start at this hotel you are within steps of the town square with its free live entertainment and dancing every night plus all of The Village shops, movie theatre and restaurants. Even if you aren't visiting someone who lives in The Villages this would be a good choice for a place to stay & play.

If you are visiting anyone who lives in The Villages, use their Village ID# when you book your room and you will receive discount.

The restaurant is a typical hotel restaurant. Not fine dining but perfectly adequate.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lake. It's quieter and the view is soothing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Char G
I am pleased to hear that your friends enjoyed staying at the hotel. Our team has been working hard to be the best place for The Villagers to have their friends and family stay. We check the rooms daily to make sure they are immaculate and ready. We also have plans to refresh our lobby and bar area with new furniture to make it more beautiful than ever!
Its truly the perfect location being in the center of entertainment, restaurants and shops. Our nightly entertainment is sure to please or guests can take a short walk to the square and have even more options.
We are getting ready to introduce a new and exciting menu in our restaurant as well! We'll have a taste of Key West with fresh fish, seafood, and tropical flavors.
Thank you for using the hotel for entertainment and for your guest's stays! I hope to see you back here soon!
Christy Kitt
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is very nicely decorated and is located on Lake Sumter Landing in The Villages. We arrived Saturday afternoon and were immediately given our room keys. The lobby is a central location for the bar, restaurant and a dance floor with windows overlooking the lake. That night they had live entertainment and dancing there. The room is very nice and beautifully decorated. Our room was in the front of the hotel overlooking the parking lot but was still very quiet. It was a large room with a comfortable bed. Nice size bathroom, too. The room also had a fridge & microwave. I choose this hotel because it's just a short walk from the Landing town square where there are numerous stores, restaurants and a live band entertaining from 5pm-8...I think. It's always a great place to go and unwind and watch the sun set. Everyone here really seems to enjoy themselves!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is a little pricey but the location makes it worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate321053
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
It's true that our hotel truly has the best location. We are centrally located in The Villages and Lake Sumter has the best theme, Key West! Being on the water, we have beautiful sunsets and a nice breeze.
We always have free entertainment in our lobby bar every evening and now we are actually going to be doing trivia on Thursday night. If you want to relax, you can take a quiet stroll out back along our boardwalk or enjoy the view in one of the many lounge chairs.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Waterfront Inn for New Year's Eve. It was our first time there. After dinner and the party, we just got on the elevator and walked to our room - PERFECT !!! We liked it so much we returned a few months later for a long weekend, no special occasion. The food is excellent, and the hotel is immaculate and beautifully appointed. Good time for a couple who wants to get away from it all for a couple days to relax and enjoy Lake Sumter. You can get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us so much! We have a staff that truly cares about the hotel and our guests. It's my favorite square in The Villages because of the key west feel. There are boutique shops and plenty of restaurants to choose from including our own Amelia's restaurant. Our executive chef, Tom, has even made it as a company finalist for Culinarian of the Year for JHM Hotels! We hope he brings home a trophy for his accomplishments.
On behalf of the Waterfront Inn staff, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was a little concerned that this was a tourist trap in the heatd of The Villages. To my surprise it was quite a delightful surprise. Room was outstanding (4th floor) even though the view was not of the water, it was quiet. Ate outside in the Amelia Restaurant. The service was "stellar" all three times.The food was overall very good, although my steak at one meal was not. The front door man is a "hoot", his name is Neal, which made for a few laughs or two. The only downside, when you enter, there is no way of telling where to check in. I had to stop and ask someone at an office desk and she stated, "this is the registration are." Not at all friendly. She looked up my room reservation and said, sorry, we don't have a king room for you, but I have a handicap room. I said, sorry, but I think the person with special needs would like that more than myself. I also requested a 3rd or 4th floor (band plays on the main floor and is fun, but can be lively if you are an early bird to bed.) she finally gave me a fourth floor room with 2 queens. Worked fine. The best part, you are just steps away to the charming Lake Sumter quaint shops, restaurants and even a boat trip across the lake. I plan on visiting this many, many times.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floor, ask to face the water (worth the extra money). Although I...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and want to come back many more times! We are all very proud here of our hotel and the fact that it is very unique. It is a great area to be in since we are walking distance to Lake Sumter Landings that has shopping and restaurants. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, Amelia's. We strive for hospitality excellence and will continue to cultivate that with our staff.
We can't wait to see you back here!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Arrived about noon and the room was ready. Andrea, with whom I'd made the reservation, was working the desk and gave me a beautiful room overlooking the water. Had lunch at the hotel restaurant and they did accommodate me early (15 minutes before the restaurant was scheduled to open) but service was slow and waitresses were overwhelmed trying to keep up with orders from the patio as well as those in the restaurant. Food was good. The buffet was a better bargain than the menu. That night and the next day there was a motorcycle convention. The lobby was loud and Harleys were everywhere, but neither bothered me. The room was quiet, well appointed, and had an excellent view. Bed was comfortable. Elevators were slow and cantankerous. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 322 has an excellent view of the swimming pool as well as the waterfront. Even numbered rooms h...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to relax and truly enjoy your trip. Leesburg Bike Fest does bring a tremendous number of bike enthusiasts to the area but they are always such a great group! We look forward to your return!
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Upon driving up to the hotel entrance we were greeted by Neal the Bellman. From that moment and throughout our stay, Neal gave us the most extraordinary attention and service. Thanks to Neal the Villages and the hotel was the best place to be!

• Stayed April 2014
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm not surprised to see that it is Neal's extraordinary hospitality that made it great! We have nominated him in our company wide search for the "Best of the Best." JHM Hotels loves to recognize and reward employees that go above and beyond the way Neal is.
We hope to see you back here soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to The Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!