“Wonderful Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mathews, Virginia
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family came to the Waterfront Inn to stay for two nights to attend a funeral. The staff was great and very friendly. The Bellman "Neal" was a complete joy. He was very attentive and always a smile on his face. The rooms were wonderful and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. Even the rollaway was comfortable. (Thats a first) It was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Long hallways, request a room near the elevator if you have trouble walking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank steve6668
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you, Steve 6668 for the nice review. I'm very sorry for your loss, but happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your nice comments regarding our team members, including Neal.
Thanks for choosing The Waterfront Inn, hope to see you on your next visit to The Villages.
Jamie Ross - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located to explore the Villages. You will be greeted by Neal, one of the most pleasant, professional and truly caring person we have ever seen in a service industry. He not only assisted us upon arrival, and departure, but also greeted us by name every time we left or returned. Our last night, after a disappointing day with a Village real estate agent (she had pretty much convinced us the Villages were not for us) Neal took the time to find out our concerns, and he addressed each of them and resold us on the Villages. We will be back because of him to give it a second chance. The hotel is clean and the decor is cute. Our room was well appointed with a view of the lake. We would stay again. A note to management, the rest of your staff could learn a lot from Neal about customer service.......they really are not the most helpful group.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NiteOwl7
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Nite Owl7, Thank you very much for providing me with great detail of your stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your room and that Neal was able to provide the professional service that you deserve. I appreciate your suggestion to use Neal as an example, we are fortunate to have him. I am sorry that the rest of the team did not appear helpful, we will certainly work on that for your next vist. Thank you for choosing The Waterfront Inn and hope you will stay with us on your next visit to The Villages. Sincerely, Jamie Ross - General Manager
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

we loved the inn while staying 3 nights. the staff was wonderful, we biked between the family household and the hotel, and they told us we could lock out bikes to the pool fence. the view, the clean rooms, the decor, and large room made us feel homey. they gave us free toothbrushes and a newspaper every morning. the one cup coffee in the room, (since we get up so early), was excellent. the inn is very quiet. everyone is helpful and friendly. the pier and waterfront have many venues to eat, and the scenery is fabulous. thx so much...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel many times and have always been fortunate enough to have Neil's excellent service. My children love him... He always makes them laugh! He is super attentive, pleasant and anticipates our needs before we ask.

I definitely recommend staying here!

Sophie

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for the great recommendation on our hotel! Neal is an employee we value and we appreciate his passion to do well. Thank you for taking the time to recognize someone that takes pride in what they are doing! I look forward to seeing your family stay with us again!
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Obviously, the hotel is beautiful. It is located on the Lake, so that in itself is something to see. It is also located in Lake Sumter Town Square which gives you countless entertainment options. We LOVED staying here BUT.... In the 3 times that we stayed, we had continuous issues with the staff. It all boiled down to a lack of communication between staff members. For example, we visited the front desk Saturday evening and asked for a late checkout Sunday morning... The woman said that's fine and made a note on a post-it. The following morning, our room was called at checkout time, asking why we hadn’t checked out. Then within minutes, the house keeper unlocked our door without knocking or anything, thinking we had checked out. I just thank God everyone was dressed at the time. There was another time that my boyfriend (who’s name was on our reservation) was going to be arriving later than I. The woman he called said that was ok and they would allow me to get my room and collect his information when he came later. When I showed up, (must have been a different woman than he spoke to) she gave me the hardest time, to the point where I asked her if she preferred I “sit in my car for the next 3 hours until he gets here” and then she finally let me check in. Those are just a few of the issues we encountered. Again, was it the end of the world? No. But it definitely was frustrating that something like this would happen each time we stayed there... Anyway. It's pretty!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying at The Waterfront Inn! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the stay and thought our hotel was beautiful. I understand how frustrated you must have felt about not being able to get checked in right away and about the housekeeping walking in without a knock. We have been diligently training our staff and pressing the importance of good communication. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you stay with us again!
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Waterfront many times, and it has always been excellent. The rooms are very clean, cozy, and the beds are very comfortable. The restaurant in the lobby serves very good food, and don't miss their great breakfast. The hotel is decorated in a very tasteful, and warm tropical decor, which goes perfect with the laid back Florida lifestyle. The staff are always very friendly, professional, and really seem to care about your stay with them. Over the years we have become very good friends with the doorman Neal. He is very friendly, and he always makes our stay at The Waterfront a memorable one.

Room Tip: We like a room with a pool and lake view......a few dollars more, but worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amelias52, General Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi Gary W, Thank you so much for your kind words and favorable impression of The Waterfront Inn. We are very fortunate to have Neal and all of our team members who are always so happy to see our loyal guests return. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Florida's Friendliest Hometown! Yours in hospitality, Jamie Ross - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Villages
Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to The Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!