“Fun dinner experience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We took our granddaughter here for dinner, her choice. We sat at a hibachi table. It was so fun! The food and service were great! Our chef was very entertaining!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Half of this restaurant is Teppanyaki style of Benihana fame. It's entertaining for those who never tried. Group of us went for our monthly get together because this is the closest to a Japanese restaurant. Chirashi is not bad though sashimi ingredients are the usual stuff, nothing special. I had my usual Kirin beer. Wish the chef studies more what the authentic sushi is all about. Customers should also study what real shushi is all about. All should check out DVD called Jiro's Sushi which became quite popular this year.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The culinary juggling entertainer also prepares tasty, skillfully prepared items. The experience we enjoyed our first time was repeated. At just over $100 for four with some adult beverages, it is not a bargain venue. Nevertheless, it seems a consistently enjoyable dining spot.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife Judy and I went last night to VKI for the first time and it was pretty good. We split a California Roll as an appetiser, it was Ok, I like my sushi rolls colder, this one seemed warm to me and a little chewy. My wife had the Shrimp Teriyaki dinner and I had the Pork Shogo Yaki. Judy liked the flavor of her dinner but said the shrimp was over cooked and was slightly rubbery. I tried one and she was right. My dish was outstanding, I really enjoyed the pork and the way it was prepared. The dinners come with a small salad, which comes with that delicious ginger dressing, and a small bowl of Miso soup. Both of those we both enjoyed. We also had a couple bottles of hot Sake and that was good also. Pretty good place overall and we would probably go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were there last night and specifically for the sushi.........We sat at the sushi bar. All three of the rolls were exceptional: VKI Roll, Volcano Roll and the Spider Roll. We also shared a bottle of the unfiltered sake......also delicious. Hands-down, this is the best sushi to be found in the area. Prepared by real sushi-chefs that have been obviously well-trained! They have top-notch ingredients, give you good portions and I would compare the experience to Amura in Orlando.......which is one of the best sushi restaurants anywhere. Manager-Owner, Raymond Liu is an attentive and friendly guy.......seriously concerned with the satisfaction and happiness of his employees and customers.......I highly recommend!

1  Thank BigWhale