“Good Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We've visited Sakura a few times now and it's really nice to have a good sushi restaurant so close to our house. Our last visit we went with our neighbors who really haven't experienced sushi. It was nice to see that they were open to at least trying it. We recommended the sushi rolls to start out with and they really liked them. Needless to say Sakura will continue to be our place to go when we get the sushi cravings (along with a good bottle of hot Sake). Recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love this place and have been there so many times I have lost count. The reviewer who wrote that it isn't authentic simply didn't know what he was talking about. I have spent a total of three months all over Japan. Sakura is authentic Japanese food. Period.

I almost always order the Bento box and get the beef nagimaki as one of the appetizers. The other is usually shrimp tempura as the other. At lunch there is only one appetizer, but then it is only $10. My wife typically gets an order of egg rolls. Tomorrow we are going their second location (Spanish Springs) for the buffet grill, and I expect it to be just as great.

My son, who visits here frequently, almost always treats himself to a dinner there.

My wife and kids arranged a surprise 70th birthday for me there last year and invited twenty of our friends. NO ONE was disappointed in any way -- even the ones that don't eat sushi.

This is one of the two best restaurants in The Villages. (The other is Nancy Lopez).

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have there many times and it has never disappointed. Try the Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll. I also love the shrimp and steak hibachi. My mouth is watering thinking of it! WONDERFUL!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Everyone in our party had a different item which was delicious, fresh and very plentiful. This is a fantastic place for a sushi or sashimi lunch and we felt the price was very reasonable for the quality and service we received. This is a popular place, yet not as crowded as some of the restaurants in The Villages. The Bento Box was delicious (shrimp tempura)!

1  Thank skylady158
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Totally different than sushi @ an all u can eat chinese resturant. Clean fresh good service. Ask STEVEN the bartender for the best glass of water you will ever have. service was timely. staff polite & friendl. the soup delightful. the entree presentation outstanding. great for special events. hibachi tables and private tables.

3  Thank DENNIS W