“Love their sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is our favorite place for sushi in this area. As a bonus, it's good for large groups and families too. They are always very pleasant and the service is good.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Living in The Villages one of our favorite dining choices for lunch is Sakura. It is golf cart accessible and we have always had attentive sevice. Ken took good care of us this week. We usually order the hibachi scallops. They have always been prepared to perfection. We have been there many times for a late lunch and have never been disappointed!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I fully agree with the review dated July 19.

The food is pretty good, but we have gone here a number of times, and each time, the service was either bad or surly, or both.

It almost seems like this restaurant is "amateur hour", and that this is the first time these people have run a restaurant.

So we don't go anymore.

It is not a friendly atmosphere either.

3  Thank lawtalk
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We've visited 3 times with some friends in The Villages. What I see here is: Problems, problems, problems.......

Sakura is a family-run business with many family members as employees. That being said, when one of the family members has an emotional issue the whole place does too. The place has a detached air of "I wish I wasn't here" and "I hate this place" and "hurry-up and give me my tip, then leave". The place is too well-lit and has a pizza-hut atmosphere. The "sushi" rolls are too loose and covered with two different kinds of sauce....one is eel sauce and the other ??? But they cover everything they send out. The sushi-chefs are young and really don't know what they are doing.

Compared to a gold-standard of quality in nearby Orlando, Amura (5-star)....this place would get no stars. They need help in effecting many changes or they are actually on life-support right now.....preparing to take their last agonal breath before death.....It's a shame, so much potential there, but I do not think they will make it......

4  Thank BigWhale
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I went with my wife, daughter, and grand daughter. We were all disappointed. The food was tastless and the portions were skimmpy. I doubt if we will return.