“Best French Dip!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Sand Lake Road
Description: Used to be Urban Flats, now called City Fire.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We go to City Fire a lot in Brownwood, great atmosphere and THE best French Dip you will find! Great bartenders!!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We are vegan and I asked the server (Kristy?) if they had line cooks or a chef, she said both, so I asked her if they could prepare a vegan dish (no meat no dairy).

She came back several minutes later and said the chef didn't know how to prepare a vegan dish.

Surprising...your a chef? Line cooks, I can see the challenge there, but a chef?

So a quick glance at the menu, I asked for the "sizzling steak fajitas" with no steak or cheese. That was easy. That leaves caramelized onions, tomatillo salsa beans and guacamole. Simple enough and profitable for the company because they get to charge me $15 for a steak fajita that they don't have to serve steak with.

My food comes, with no caramelized onions, I ask the server if they stopped putting onions in their fajita. She said its all prepared in the mornings and the steak and onions are mixed together and they can't separate them for my fajita. Ok. Then.

If this is true and I would imagine its not, perhaps both the server and chef were having a bad night, might I suggest the steak and caramelized onions divorcing so those who don't eat meat can enjoy onions on their fajita...since fajitas are known for their onions....

3  Thank MD N
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went to C.F. to watch the Belmont stakes. Inside a small crowd gathered at the bar also watching the race. A few tables were filled in the dining room. I asked the bartender if the volumn for the TV could be turned on instead of Phil Collins singing. I watched as he asked the manager "James" - after a quick reply the bartender said he had permission a few minutes before the race. As more people arrived to watch the race, I went to "James" and asked if the TV volumn could be turned on. He said that "people eating didn't want to listen to talking". If he would have turned around at looked at the people in the place he might have realized the majority of his customers were trying to watch the TV. Finally just a few minutes before the race they turned the TV sound on. Food great, drinks & bartenders great .. James -- good luck in whatever you do - restaurant management doesn't seem like a good choice.

1  Thank kimvossjezwinski
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Jon, our server, did a wonderful job of taking care of the four of us, and the food was outstanding. For our starter we choose the nachos - large - and they were so, so good, that we demolished them, before our entrées arrived. We each order a different flatbread and shared. Everything was very good, but the Black and Blue was our favorite. We ordered too much but hey, we have some great leftovers to reheat. Highly recommend and hope you have the same experience we had.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The service was exceptional and the food was as good if not better then I remembered at the original in Lake Sumter. Would definitely visit again.