“Skip the Lobsterfest”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Three couples went for dinner. The Lobsterfest should be renamed 'Lobstermess'. My wife and I, both, ordered the Main and rock lobster dish, with shrimp and Alfredo sauce over linguine. The lobsters were too well done (Maine lobster rubbery). The shrimp were strong and the whole meal was only lukewarm. One of our group ordered a fish dinner. He ate only one bite. He told the waitress, "it is the worst fish dinner I have ever had!" They didn't charge him for it. The service was poor, the food poor and the price: I had one draft beer, my wife had one glass of house wine....our bill was $83.60. Darden Restuarants has paid fines and litigation awards for underpaying their employees. They are currently being sued by the federal government for paying below minimum wage, requiring employees to wait past their start times to clock in until customers arrive, and refusing to pay for all hours worked. I am sure this has nothing to do with employee morale, employee loyalty and customer service. I'm sure.

1  Thank uslydntcmpln

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Too long a wait to be seated and the a wait to be served. Staffing seems to be a problem and the menu has slide down hill. The the Red Lobster I remember from other locations.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was invited out to dinner by a family member who lives in The Villages. I have eaten at Red Lobsters and most have been good restaurants. Of course, I did not expect it to be the best, but it was far less than ok.

Bread, salad and apetitizer was ok to good. My seafood platter was not good. Service was ok at best. Will not go back.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Me and my daughter split an appetizer of calamari, but it wasn't cooked properly. Calamari should be firm, not mushy. The main entree was good, but had little pieces of plastic in the shrimp. The manager never stopped by to ask how our food was even after there was a problem. Food was average, service and management could have been better. Must have been an off night as this is not what I typically encounter.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

always good food, especially their wonderful little biscuit like rolls.
good choices for us here in the Villages, and is golf cart
accessible.