“Grandkids love here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #64 of 116 Restaurants in The Villages
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Grandkids love here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

When grandkids visit this is one of the top requests AND they order and finish their meals. We like it too

• Visited February 2014

“Good Italian fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Olive Garden in the villages is always busy. They serve good quality Italian food. My favorite is the shrimp Vesuvius. With so much bland food at other restaurants, it is nice to have something spicey

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average. Won't go back. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

The salad and breadsticks are tasty & filling but that's it. The pasta is ok. The grandfolks love this place because it's a cheap meal and you can fill up on the salad & bread. We won't go back to this chain.

The Villages, Florida
“What a Pleasant Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Let me start by saying, this was not our destination the other night after golf. We wanted Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill - but at 5pm, the wait for over an hour and the bar was so jammed it was impossible... so we ditched it. We were hungry and thirsty so we wandered up the street to the Olive Garden with the idea we'd have a drink and appetizers and call it a night.

We were in for a sweet surprise. From 4-6 pm many of their small plate appetizers are just $4.00 each and with ladies - we know a bargain when we see one. My friends each had a $4.00 Cosmo and I indulged in a $4.00 Moscato Aperol Sprtiz. I thought I had died and gone to heaven as the only place I can get one is in my own kitchen. Moscato Aperol's are the apertif of the Venito.

We also ordered the chicken skewers in their red wine sauce (be still my heart), the tortellini (which were nothing special, but tasted great) and their portobello and goat cheese flat bread (superb). We topped it all off by each ordering their endless salad ($3.99 per person).. A feast!!! With tip, $20 a person for an hour of delicious food and drink.

Our waitress was very attentive to our needs - continued to refill our salad bowl and made sure we also had bread sticks.

With all this said, I'm still not a huge fan of OG - they cooked their pasta to well done and their red sauce is just so so. BUT and it's a big BUT - we will return again for their happy hour and I'll report back on if they hit a home run again. I didn't mention at the top of the review that we were able to walk in at 5pm and not wait for a table...

• Visited January 2014
Cocoa, Florida
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good food, as always. Server seemed a bit rushed and not that pleasant. Did I mention how good the food was? Very good!

• Visited January 2014