“I'm so Sad”

Gold Pan Cafe
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Rock Creek
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I'm so sad to read all these negative reviews. This has been a wonderful cafe for many years. This was always the "heart" of the community. The food was great, the staff even better. The previous owners worked very very hard to build this Cafe & business up....you were always guaranteed to have a great meal, with wonderful service. I'm so sad because, I was a cook there..took extreme pride in my job, but no one cared. I worked with an amazing woman ( our only waitress). I wish, someone would have come to "us" to see what "they" could've done to make this wonderful place...better. I'm so very sad, to see the "heart" gone

1  Thank Kathy19602014

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Never seen anything so bad. Not heat in the restaurant, carpet floor was littered badly in need of a vacuum. The worst was probably the food (omelet ). If we were not so hungry after driving from Kelowna, we would have left it all.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Well, stopped in here again, sigh. It's being run by East Indian boys, while they are very very nice, everything about this experience sucked. The portions of food were so skimpy ( we were still hungry after eating) I honestly believe they were talking about us in the kitchen all we heard was "their" language. The food...what there was of it...was very good, but way over priced

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stopped by on way from Rock Creek to Osoyoos. Had never tried this restaurant and did not look up on Trip Advisor ahead of time. The service was terrible, the server didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and the food was a letdown. The soup was actually quite good but the garlic toast that went with it could have been used to pound stakes in the old railway. But worse still was the beef on a bun. It was in fact a couple of microwaved strips of beef on a hot dog bun - no au jus - no flavor and for the price - no lunch. We asked for some extra beef and the meal was gone for at least 15 minutes to get one more small strip of beef. Of course by then the fries were stone cold as was the rest of the bun. We will definitely pass on this one if we are that way again. We had thought that being part of the Husky gas station the food would be the usual Husky fare - but not this time.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was so disappointed when my family stopped in here for lunch!!! The cook was running around like a chicken with her head cut off, trying to do both jobs ( cooking & trying to be the waitress) She was cranky & miserable, we were under the impression we were putting her out. We felt very uncomfortable, the service was terrible, so was the food. The place was so dirty, very unclean. We will never be back!!! We also will be letting everyone we know, not to stop here!!!

1  Thank Ellen R