“Great”

Blue Creek Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Siggiewi
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blue Creek is perfect for anyone seeking a dining experience to remember, and whether it’s a light snack, relaxing lunch or sumptuous dinner, our welcome is always warm. Situated well away from the hassle of traffic and noise that most people are around every day, the drive to our restaurant will take you through some spectacular Maltese scenery and countryside along the coast, which in itself is enough to whet your appetite.Designed with the intention to blend classic with modern the interior’s blue and white colour scheme that extends on to the terrace reflects the crystal blue water of the surrounding Mediterranean. Our dining area is comfortably spacious. As you enter you will find a bar/light snack area which is perfect for anyone wanting a quick but appetising meal. Beyond this there is our à la carte restaurant, which enjoys panoramic sea views that must rate among the best in Malta. From the restaurant you can gain access to the terrace, which has an even more spectacularly beautiful vista; you can almost reach out and touch Filfla. Truly the perfect place to enjoy the cooling breeze and dine under the clear blue spring, summer afternoon skies or even more romantically under the stars in the evening.
Zurrieq, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

A restaurant with very good food and an awesome view. The staff are very friendly. Highly recommended

• Visited October 2013

UK
“Not what I expected (or ordered)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stopped in for lunch on a Sunday, and was very pleased that they were able to seat me on the terrace. But that's where the good experience ends.

The poor waiters were rushed off their feet - they were running about like mad, bumping into each other and spilling drinks, and I had to wait almost half an hour for my order to be taken in the first place. Perhaps several staff called in sick?

But the biggest problem was the food. I ordered the insalata di manzo alla griglia, which was described on the menu as "rare grilled beef, served on crispy raw vegetables, artichokes, mango and peanut dressing".

What I go was an UNDRESSED garden salad, with slices of beef. Credit where it's due - the beef was tender and flavourful. But the salad was NOT even vaguely as described. No artichokes. No mango and peanut dressing. Just a garden salad with no dressing.

In fact, the garden salad looked almost identical to the garnish that I was included on the focaccia plate ordered by the next table. It was incredibly disappointing. I was left wondering if the chef was off sick that day as well, and my meal was prepared by a kitchen hand who didn't know the recipe so just decided to throw a handful of garnish on my plate, instead of preparing the salad.

Definitely not recommended.

“Good food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We come here every year, 1st class food 1st class service, waitress Pollyann looked after us with a smile, very attentive and very professional thank you, Alex & Barry.

1 Thank Barryjohncrangle
Zebbug, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rather disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were at there yesterday for my dad’s birthday – on a reserved table for 11 persons.
Although the location is fantastic , we were quite disappointed on a few issues!
• After placing in our orders, we were asked whether we would like to have some focaccia whilst we wait for our lunches to be prepared. For this we were charged a princely sum of € 32. This we thought was VERY expensive.
• When the food finally arrived, some of the pasta dishes which we ordered were much too small to be considered a main course . We dread to contemplate what a “Starter portion” would have been! Although the price of these main course pasta dishes was quite hefty, the portions offered were more suitable as a “starter portion”.
• My sister ordered the pasta specialty dish ….. tagliatelle with lobster which we found out when the bill arrived that it cost her € 26.00 . In our opinion, this huge price tag isn’t justified at all. All she had, was a portion of pasta covered with a EMPTY half lobster shell on top.
• Then came the dessert. What a disappointment !! - As we do on every family occasion ,we pre-ordered a Cassatella Cake which is the favourite of all our family. This in itself, is a reliable notion that we humbly consider ourselves as connoisseurs of this Sicilian speciality. When the portions of this pre-ordered Cassatella were served at our table, we immediately noticed an over-powering smell of butter. This was so evident and over-powering, that most of us just couldn’t eat it. The buttery smell and taste was definitely rancid. We spoke to the waiter and soon after, the manager intervened. He initially claimed that no butter was used in the preparation of this dessert. When we insisted that the smell was definitely that of butter, he came back a second time and brought with him a concoction of candied peel in butter. With this in hand, he invited us to see if that was the smell? - It (very) obviously was !! - To this he countered that it is the type of confettura ( candid peel) they use to make this type of sweet. To cut a long story short, very few of us actually touched the dessert. Most of the plates returned to their kitchen untouched. Yet very surprisingly they still charged us €30 for the cake. To be absolutely fair, when we did order our second dessert, since we did not eat the first, we did notice that a few ( 4 or 5) lemon sorbets consisting of 1 small scoop were not charged for. Irrespective of this, we strongly feel that considering all the circumstances, we should have never been charged the €30 for a rancid Cassatella Cake!!!

1 Thank Nadia C
JosephBaldacchino, Owner at Blue Creek Restaurant, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Nadia,

Thank you for taking your time and writing the above review, but its quite unfair how you have described your lunch experience at Blue Creek restaurant.

Starting from the Foccacia, yes I ave asked you if you would like to have some while waiting for your main course. As I was told yes and you was a table of 11 I ve ordered a 4 plates of Foccacia with 3 pieces each. The price was clearly on the menu.

Secondly with regards to the pasta portions, we do serve fresh pasta which is very filling. The portion of the pasta is of 400gr, so I think that its a good serving and also with the freshest ingredients around. I remember quite well that you have ordered some of the most expensive dishes on the menu!! with fresh seafood and with Lobster.

Thirdly about the pasta with fresh Lobster the price is clearly on the menu at 25 Euro. At first you sister choose the one on the menu and I have asked if she would like to opt for the specialty of the day with Lobster too. The answer was ' yes yes definitely no problem'. I have made it clear twice that the price is a 1 Euro more expensive. As about the empty shell, we do take off all the meat and cook it with the pasta, else you cant make a pasta with Lobster without the meat :-)! The shell is presented as a garnish on the pasta.

Last in your comments was the Cassatella Siciliana which is the only think I was pointed about on the day. I have to make it clear that NO BUTTER is used. We are not stupid and no cassatella uses butter! I have co operated with you that there was a smell of something similar but defenivley it isnt butter. I brought the mix of the candid peel and we all agreed that the smell was that, but its completely unfair that you come here and say that the candied peel is made in butter, this is a complete lie! As about the price yes we have charged the price in full as some of you have eaten the cassatella and we have all agreed that BUTTER was not used.

Should you wish to send me an email on joseph@bluecreekmalta.com, I will personally take your complaint to the manufacturer in Italy that butter is being used with their candid peel mix!!
Zabbar
“A real restaurant with a real view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I had been seeing ads for this restaurant since ever and finally we managed to go for a Saturday lunch. This has been by far one of the best eating out experiences ever. First of all, the location of this restaurant is simply perfect. The view at Ghar Lapsi is to die for and the restaurant can boast an unbroken panorama of the Mediterranean sea. The terrace makes you feel as if you are actually hovering above the sea, which theoretically you are. To get to the food part which is after all the most important part, I must honestly say I've had the best king prawns ever here (and I've had my fair share of king prawns at various restaurants I must say), really juicy on a bed of risotto which was equally gorgeous. For starter I had a lovely orange and pumpkin soup which was also very different from the usual pumpkin soup. My husband was exceptionally pleased with his 'gurbell' (a fish), cooked al cartoccio and served with veg and roast potatoes. Everything cooked to perfection and the desserts equally mouth-watering. It was a lovely November day and had the pleasure to sit outside but the environment inside is equally nice. It was quiet and just perfect for Saturday lunch. The restaurant is a bit pricey, the prawns were priced at Euro 28 which is not the average price but I would rather pay that little bit more to have it perfect. If you happen to be a tourist and touring the Maltese islands, Ghar Lapsi is a must-visit on your list but then you should really splash out on an excellent lunch at Blue Creek. We also happened to be with our toddler and were glad to find a restaurant which offers plenty of high chairs (as a parent you start looking out for these things - not all restaurants invest in a number of high chairs). Silver service, good quality cutlery and very clean place. Another pro is the fact that there is a car park just opposite the restaurant. The staff were ever-courteous and obliging and 10 out of 10 points go to the chef for the impeccable food.