See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I stopped in here on a work trip and the hotel was perfect for that. The rooms were nice but nothing special. They could use some updating. The restaurant though small and sometimes crowded, served delicious and made us feel at home. I would return if I was in the area.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Room was clean and average size and cost were fair. But chap at desk seemed to be doing everything. Running the greeting desk,making coffee and handling problems all on his own. We had to wait to check on and later wait for a coffee. We had time and not much to do so not a great problem. Her helped is with getting on WiFi and it seemed complicated. My wife's IPad did not work well and a chap on a computer store corrected the problem. Not sure what it was. Also we may have been late but selection for breakfast was not the best.

Room tip: Facing court yard and parking area quiet
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

nice hotel in a historical and ancient building, very well refurbished. comfortable room, clean. Nice and quiet park and outdoor sitting.
breakfast is good, but don't expect anything special. Much better to dine at the restaurant.lovely place for couples travelling by car in Italy, it must be very good for families with children as well.
I booked 1 night, but was very happy to have the chance to stay 2.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ingalfonso
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling though Italy and visiting Ferrari factory. We had a top floor room for 4 people. Beds very comfortable. Pretty location. Staff was very nice and very helpful. Basic breakfast but sufficient. Nice outdoor sitting area and inside bar. Would recommend.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank NonrevTravelGirl
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here for five nights in August 2011. I was working in the area with a colleague so the hotel was very much just somewhere to wash and sleep.

On arrival, the lady behind the desk was extremely welcoming and friendly, and booked us in quickly. The reception area was very clean and tidy.

The room was in the building opposite, on the first floor, overlooking the huge carpark!! The bed was 2 singles pushed together (fine for me!) with pleanty of powerpoints and a good TV. The wifi is free, you just need to ask for a login at reception. The bathroom, although dated, is quite spacious and serves its purpose. There are clean towels and toiletries. Shower is nice and powerful. The room overall is ideal, nice and spacious and clean. Bed comfy.

The weather at the time was unusually hot, well into the 40's!! The room has an air conditioning unit, but it was useless, it didnt cool the room down at all and made sleeping very very difficult. Couldn't open the windows because of the killer mosquitos outside!!

On our first night, it was a monday and a bank holiday (never a good thing in italy!) so finding an open restaurant was difficult. The owner of the hotel used her own car to drive us to a nearby restaurant, and left us her mobile number to come and pick us up again afterwards!!! We were shocked at her kindness, and really appreciated her help.

The breakfast the following morning was a bit disappointing, very limited and more suited to what I would call 'german' tastes - lots of cold meat and cheese. There were some pastries, but we found these to be very very sweet, too much for first thing in the morning. The same things seemed be be out morning after morning so things were a bit stale. However the choice of fresh juices and coffees was lovely.

All in all, I would stay here again if I was in the area. I would also reccommend a visit to the Contea di Montale down the road - the food is incredible!!

Date of stay: August 2011