“Great beer!”

The Swan Hotel & Pub
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kineton
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Dropped in for an evening beer before heading to the Indian down the road, and very glad we did!
Excellent real ales and great service in a busy pub.
Menu looked good & interesting so will likely go back for lunch in the near future.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Swan Hotel & Pub

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked into the Swan for one night as attending a family gathering in village. Arrived at 12.45 and spoke with, I can only assume was the landlord in the bar, to confirm that I had booked a room. He looked into his diary (which only held my name), mumbled something and disappeared for 5 mins. Came back and said that the room would be another 20mins - I decided to have a drink in the garden until the time and told him so. Twenty mins came and went, nobody came out to tell me that the room was ready, so went back into the pub. Spoke to the same man to ask whether the room was ready, he mumbled something and continued to serve customers around me whilst I just stood there! He then asked a scruffy looking bloke about which room and carried on serving. Five mins later, the same scruffy bloke came and told me that he had the key and I was in room 2 and pointed it out across the courtyard. Not once did anyone welcome me to the pub or even said who they were!!! The room was clean apart from the cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, shower rail and shower tray could have done with a de-moulding!! Breakfast was another thing - cereal brought in an open box by the same scruffy man as yesterday - was not asked what I would prefer in my full english breakfast, had to ask for coffee and toast (which arrived after the meal) and in the meantime, the scruffy bloke was coughing his guts up just outside the bar - lovely!!!! No-one asked if everything had been ok. Avoid this place - dont know why they offer accommodation as they dont seem to be bothered about their guests!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Helen F
Reviewed April 9, 2013

No bedside tables. Very very cold. ? were the sheets damp. two very small towels. We were very disappointed. Breakfast on Saturday started at 11.00am. as they were having a busy Friday night. The manager was unhelpful. April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank 83Tilly
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stopped here on Sunday 9th Dec 2012 as my husband had an interview the next morning. We were told that breakfast was between 8-30 and 9-30am but when I said we needed to leave by 8-45am they offered to do it for 8-15am. There was no choice, you had what was given to you, which was a waste as we didn't eat the mushrooms and my husband didn't eat the beans. Toast came when we had almost finished eating, We had to ask for fruit juice, but I will say that John who served us was very obliging.
Now the room, we were in room 1 which was OK, it was clean and nicely decorated, bed was comfortable, but there were no bedside tables or lamps, which was a bit annoying as I like to read after my husband, so we had to either not read or have the main light on, then get out of bed to turn it off. It was alright for the one night, but that's it. Oh yes, there was a fridge in the room for some reason.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Val A
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Not a good place to stay - my room had a hole in the wall, serious case of mould in the shower which can only be described as new life forms, the towels had more holes than a pair of fishnet tights, the boiler bangs off every 30 mins with enough noise to wake the dead and to top it all the handles on the door came off in your hand
The only good thing that we experienced was leaving!!!!!!

Room Tip: Sorry can't even rate this place
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a superb find. Excellent food, great customer service, nice restaurant. 10/10 from us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Slava G
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very nice atmosphere. Very quality service. Food was great!!! I'll definantly come back in there again...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kineton
Days Inn Warwick North M40
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
Ettington Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Alderminster

Been to The Swan Hotel & Pub? Share your experiences!