If you are looking for a place to relax away from the noise of Port-au-Prince, Norm’s Place (in Labadee, North of Haiti) is definitely the place to stay. I have never been in such a peaceful and quiet hotel. It really does not even feel like a hotel, it feels as if you are visiting a friend (who happens to have nice rooms and beautiful gardens). People who are down to earth, who do not enjoy the big crowds from tourists or the loud noises of the big cities will truly enjoy this little piece of paradise on earth. We just arrived yesterday and we cannot wait to go back. It was that BEAUTIFUL! All the important information has been already mentioned by previous guests below, therefore I will just give a small summary.
1. contact information: (509) 3917-3155 or (509) 39251210 Angelique Zarchin
2. It is located in Labadee Village (you can park your car in Coco Beach- along the side from Royal Caribbean)then take a boat, which should be like 10 minutes long. We paid 100 gds per person. If you need recommendations, we took a boat with Chenet (recommended by our friend Tyler). If he is not available his brother Max is there instead. Their telephone number is 39455680.
3. We paid 80 USD dollars for a room for 2 (40 each) and one person paid 65 for a single room. Angelique (the owner) also mentioned making small discounts for groups (so ask).
4. Cash Only (she does not take credit cards)
5. Dinner or lunch for about $12 dollars. They provide breakfast, as Tyler mentioned, it is just your normal Haitian breakfast. One omelet, bread, peanut butter, juice, coffee and marmalade.
6. Don’t forget to try their delicious orange juice!!!
- Also Known As:
- Norm's Place Haiti/Labadee