“Will definitely be staying again”
Review of Lemon Tree House

Lemon Tree House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Hagbourne
Lemon Tree House
Manchester
“Will definitely be staying again”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The location of this B&B makes it ideal for someone, like myself, working in the area with easy transport routes to Harwell and Oxford just an easy 10 minute walk away (to Didcot). Richard and Fiona were spectacular hosts, flexible and very accommodating to my needs. I stayed for a working week where I was very often arriving late in the evening and starting very early in the morning. One of my main concerns having this kind of routine in a B&B is the feeling that you're intruding or interrupting in someone else's house. After arriving, this feeling was very quickly forgotten, I was always made to feel welcome.

The breakfasts were top notch; I had the continental every day where Richard produced quite an impressive array of foods including freshly baked breads, croissants, jams, ham & cheese and, of course, plenty of coffee!

I stayed in one of the smaller rooms with a shared bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was well cleaned and tidied every day with lots of storage space for those planning on a longer stay. WiFi access was a great bonus and a decent speed too.

Not having a car meant I was slightly limited in my choices for evening meals/drinks but I certainly enjoyed aimlessly wondering around the area and stumbling on some of the suggestions made to me.

I'll be visiting the area reasonably frequently for work and I'm so glad I found this place as now I won't have to worry about where I'm staying on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We spent a lovely night at Lemon Tree House. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Our room (the suite) was excellent - clean, comfortable and with everything we needed. Although the suite was in the eaves, it did not feel cramped and my husband who is 6'3" had no problems with the headroom as overall the room was very spacious. A fabulous breakfast in the morning too. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sacha D
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights with Richard and Fiona while visiting our relatives in the village. Our room, the "studio" upstairs, was great! Light, roomy, comfortable bed. (I think they must sprinkle "pixie dust" as we slept like babies!!The en suite bath was great with towel heaters and lots of hot water. Richard did a great job with the breakfasts each morning. Both Richard and Fiona were so ready to make us feel at home. The back garden is lovely with an amazing pond. Great walking into the charming village of East Hagbourne. We really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Our studio upstairs was great and we appreciated not having to share the bath.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boloca
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My sister recommended this lovely local bed and breakfast because she had ran out of spare beds for a family Jubilee Party that we were attending. My husband and I plus his guide dog and our cousins from Californian were very comfortably put up at Lemon Tree House. Our room was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities and a tv. The storage space was good with a huge wardrobe and chest of drawers. Richard and Fiona were perfect hosts who were friendly and attentive and full of useful knowledge and advice. A stay at Lemon Tree House cannot pass without a comment on the wonderful breakfasts that Richard cooked and that Fiona beautifully presented. You could have almost anything you wanted and they made sure it was cooked just to your liking. A great couple and a great place to stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SaraDavey
rye
Reviewed November 18, 2011

What a lovely B&B,, Richard and Fiona the perfect hosts,lovely room, fantastic breakfast and nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend and will stay again when visiting the area.
Thank you Richard and Fiona.
Steve and Maggie

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nellydodo
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Travelling from Canada, we spent several nights at the Lemon Tree House while we attended some local attractions. Richard and Fiona welcomed us and made us feel right at home. We were pleased that they accomodated us with a full gourmet breakfast served early each morning so that we could be on our way. Beds were quite comfortable and the rooms fairly spacious and exceptionally clean. We also appreciated the wi-fi internet in our rooms. Should we travel in that part of the country again we would look forward to staying at the Lemon Tree House.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
AYRSHIRE, SCOTLAND
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We just spent 5 nights at Lemon Tree House and it was fantastic. Our stay was based on a recommendation, which is always a good start and I cannot compliment our hosts enough (Richard and Fiona) who were friendly, welcoming, knowledgable and nothing was ever a problem. Richard made a delicious cooked breakfast, with an abundance of toast and tea. My wife is not a great fan of a cooked breakfast, so Fiona produced a fresh berry surprise, which went down very well indeed. East Hagbourne itself is a pretty village and is surrounded by other interesting and charming villages, notably Blewberry which is within walking distance via a local tourist path. The railway station is an easy 20 minutes walk and proved to be the easiest way to visit both Bath and Oxford. We were also spoiled for local eating places. We visited the Red Lion in Brightwell, The Bear at Home in North Moreton and the Wheatsheaf in East Hendred. All were within a few miles and all served great grub and beer. We particularly liked the Bear for its warm, friendly ambience, good beer and hearty and tasty food. If you are looking for a quiet couples holiday in the South of England, I would recommend Lemon Tree House as an ideal base.

Room Tip: Ask for the studio.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
The Crown & Thistle
#3 of 5 in Abingdon
Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel
Kingswell Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Lemon Tree House? Share your experiences!