“Looked promising but disappointed”
Review of Worlds End Inn

Worlds End Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Worlds End Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Almer
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monday - Saturday 10:30 am - 10pm (food 12 - 9) and Sunday 11:30 am - 9pm (food 12 - 8)
Sawbridgeworth, England, United Kingdom
“Looked promising but disappointed”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We drove past and from road this looked a great place to stop, we decided to stop for lunch. Staff friendly and order taken however we were told 45-60 min wait which did seem excessive for the number people there. Food arrived in 45 mins. Handmade pastie was good, though hubby was annoyed at trying to fish out the peas from the miniature colander! Kids mac n cheese went down well though that says nothing as our little dustbin eats anything!
Then my "fondue". More like a cross between mastic and wallpaper paste with lovely skin on top together with shrivelled up veg crudités it was a bland mastic but I was starving so didn't bother to complain for fear of another 45 min wait the whitebait was ok but cold. Sadly we won't be returning

surrey
“so good we went there twice!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoy visiting this restaurant when we are in the area as we love the food and my husband loves the beer. These visits were as good as we have experienced in the past, lovely staff and food up to usual good standard. My husband enjoyed trying the Hopping Hop and just wishes it was available in bottles. Only comments we would make are not having bottled Diet Coke, don't enjoy it on tap and therefore stuck with tap water. Also, we do enjoy the mini puds for £2, but would suggest that the cheesecake be served in a little ramekin, rather than the shot glass, as it is difficult to get the base and topping in one mouthful, but enjoyed the pannacotta! Yes continues to be our first option when in the area.

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“My 40th Birthday do!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was looking for a venue for my husbands surprise 40th birthday and thought i'd have a look at the Worlds End. Carrie the landlady couldn't have done enough to help me. She worked with me throughout giving me ideas and came up with the garden area for a BBQ, drinks and a live band. The day arrived and much to the annoyance of my husband it was a complete surprise. At the arrival Carrie introduced all her staff to us which made for an even more pleasant sunday afternoon. The BBQ food was top notch and the care and attention we all received was second to none. Carrie kept in touch with me throughout and this no doubt added to it running so smoothly. Looking forward to spending much more time at this pub.....it's hard to find one like this nowadays that go that extra mile. Well done and keep it up.

Somerset, UK
“Not so good as I remember”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It is quite some time since we have been here but, as we were passing on our return journey from visiting relatives, and it was lunchtime, we pulled in.

It is, of course, a very picturesque pub in a lovely setting. We took a table in the rear courtyard, under a large umbrella (very necessary in the stifling heat we were having). Service was reasonably quick, considering it was quite busy. I had gammon and pineapple with chips and peas. The peas were on the plate in a separate little colander, which was a bit of a novelty. The gammon was, I'm afraid, a little dry for my taste. My wife had lasagne which was OK, but nothing special.

I was a bit disappointed, because I seemed to remember that on the few previous occasions that we have stopped here, the food was much better.

dorset
“Bit disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Have often driven past and thought how lovely this pub looks. Initially it met all expectations as lovely inside. However not quite sure why the candles were lit on a bright and sunny day (especially as I know the pub burnt down a few years ago) we ordered at the bar and the food was quick but nothing special. I had the small ham, egg and chips and the ham was indeed very small! my husband had fish and chips which was ok, nothing more. I did ask the waitress for sauce but she never returned, she seemed totally disinterested. Maybe it was due to the heat of the day. Might try it again during the winter, bet it's lovely with a big fire roaring in the hearth

Visited July 2014