Tripadvisor
Great Abington
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews burger king travel lodge service station iwm duxford filling station room was clean quiet location stansted airport park ride what it says on the tin plenty of hot water stay there again reception staff good nights sleep local pub overnight stop main road
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We thought this was difficult to find at night in bad weather. Drive through the service station and it's behind it! parking good.
All we needed was a comfortable bed, clean room, hot water and a decent shower and that's what we got!
No bells and whistles but didn't expect much more for £40/night which was great.
Thought we were going to have one of those experiences when the very pleasant and helpful receptionist asked if we were going to be going early in the morning as the water was being cut off at 9am!! To be fair, she did offer to put us up in another hotel but we weren't that inklined to go elsewhere and, as it turned out, there was still running water when we left at 10.30!
She also recommended The George at Babraham which was very good.
Previous writers warned us about lack of breakfast so I treated the wife to a slap up bacon roll from Greggs next door!
Not the best Travel Lodge we've stayed in but OK.

1  Thank Badgerisimus
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here after returning our Son to his new home in Cambridge. Large room comfortable and clean. WiFi wasn't working and I couldn't get a signal with my own mobile data! Lovely receptionist called Sian recommended a pub in a nearby village for a meal and even rang and booked a table for difficult to find in the dark as it's tucked behind the garage. We will stay here again as the location is convenient for us.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Collette S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice stay, clean room, quiet area. Breakfast basic as no resturant. Staff great. Parking okay. WiFi not great - either slow or not working at all. Could do with working lights in carpark but what is there is just about passable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank andyL3532DA
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I have stayed here for many weeks whilst caring for my son at the local hospital. I like the other reviewers wanted to stay here and wasn’t happy that there was no WiFi. I needed to be in contact with the hospital and as I had no phone signal found the hotel without WiFi wasn’t suitable for me to stay. I apologised and moved out and slept in my car, having not used my room- my only communication with Travelodge is “ you can’t have your £25 back - I don’t care!!! I needed sleep and confidence I was contactable. This is a greedy company that has had a lot of money out of me. No apology, The manager at this hotel left a staff member to tell me that they aren’t minded to give a refund- I wanted WiFi ! Cathartic release complete

2  Thank DGtruck
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Cambridge Fourwentways hotel.

We are sorry to learn that you experienced problems with the WiFi and of your disappointment with other aspects of your stay.

Our WiFi is provided by Virgin who have a dedicated support team and we advise guests to contact them directly as they can run real time checks to locate the problem so this can be resolved as quickly as possible.

We appreciate all the feedback we receive and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

If you wish to contact us directly to give us more feedback, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team via our website.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

New Travelodges are great. This one wasn't!
Wifi wan't working for a day and when it came back it was useless. Bathroom was very old and the bath tiny. The staff were helpful though and heating worked ok and plenty of hot water. It is great that they accept dogs though so would use Travelodge again but will try to get a newer one.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, James from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for reviewing our Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways Hotel.

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay.

May we kindly request you contact us with the link or a copy of your TripAdvisor review, via our website so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.