“A warm welcome indeed”

Three Tuns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome indeed”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Despite my expected late arrival where I expected to book in at approx 10pm, the proprietor offered to keep me a meal back for warming up on my arrival if I missed the restaurant. This went down very well and put me at ease straight away.

Upon arrival I was shown straight to the restaurant and was told that I could book in when i was good and ready, whatever time that might be. So after a delicious thai lamb curry and a couple of cooling pints I decided to book in. I was so glad that I didnt hang about as the room was delightful, and very inviting with the temperatures outside already minus 5 and expected to reach down to minus 11. I had one of the best sleeps in years followed by a lovely breakfast.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough; my only disappointment is that the pub isnt at the end of my road as I would have truly liked to sink a few pints and stayed to shoot the breeze with the landlord who is a spitting image of Al Murray (with beard).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bristol
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We didn't stay in the B&B but only came for food. And what a gem it was! Three of us had starters (tempura vegetables, squid and tomyam soup) followed by Beef massaman currry, chicken with pineapple in sweet and sour sauce and spicy duck dish. Flavours are fantastic, it's authentic Thai cooking at its best - all cooked by Thai chef called Oi. Service is friendly. The landlady did her utmost to help us find the table as the pub was quite full. Excellent experience. Next time we are in the area we'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
oudenaarde
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Very clean and nice rooms, friendly staff, very good Thai food in the pub. Walking (20min) distance from Granta Park.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
NW England
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I travel all the time with work and this is THE best place I have stayed. Bar none.
I've stayed here for 2 days a week for 3 or 4 months with not a single complaint.

The rooms out the back are quiet, spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and like a home from home.
The food in the pub is the finest Thai food you will ever eat and they have a great selection of beers.
The owners are lovely people who make you feel really welcome without being fussy or formal.
Finally, the price... it's just brilliant value for money.

Stay here.. you will have no regrets at all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stumbled on the Three Tuns purely be chance after being let down elsewhere. What a stroke of luck. A charming pub and a nothing was too much bother for the owners to sort out. The hidden treasure is the new bedrooms which are some of the best rooms we have stayed in (and we've stayed in quite a few!) both modern and very stylish. Add to this the very reasonable price and you can't go wrong. We'll definitely be making a return visit soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Goldau, Switzerland
Reviewed August 19, 2010

July 2010 - We stayed in various locations in Cambridgeshire, and stayed here for 3 nights principally to attend a wedding but were so glad to have found a place that lived up to the website blurb. The rooms are lovely, fittings were of good quality and the bathrooms spotlessly clean and totally functional. Unfortunately we didn't get to try the food at their restaurant because they don't serve food on Sunday evening. Breakfast was lovely, but slightly pricey for a family of 5. We loved it and would definitely go back. The only negative would be that the TV only had a few channels available and some channels had interference.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyKaufmann
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed here after a trip to Snetterton race circuit because I wanted to be close to the Duxford Aircraft museum the next day.
I pulled into the carpark (big enough for race cars on trailers) and after a chat with the landlord Chris he booked me in and I was shown where the room was - it was superb!
A great pub, well run and a full English breakfast too!
Excellent.

#1 of 2 in Bartlow
The Kings Head
The Kings Head
#80 of 121 in Cambridge

Been to Three Tuns? Share your experiences!