“Hearty hospitality, fabulous fodder and a brilliant bed !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Three Tuns

Three Tuns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hearty hospitality, fabulous fodder and a brilliant bed !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

We knew our little escape to the English countryside was going to be fabulous from the moment we arrived. Karen & Chris were so welcoming and the room set in the gardens was beyond expectations. The room decor was simple but elegant, the bed fantastically comfortable and the shower big enough for two ! The food was so good we didn't eat anywhere else....the full English breakfast was mammoth it kept us going all day, the thai specials were were fresh and tasty and the bank holiday special quiz & BBQ attracted an army of locals as well! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stopped at the three tuns inn over the Easter break.

Service was excellent from all staff and always with a smile. the landlord was particualrly welcoming. Excellent Thai food (some of the best we'd ever had). The really special thing was that the landlord allowed us to go in the kitchen and watch the chef cook our food. Absolutely fascinating to watch this dinimutive Thai lady moving like a whilrwind from dish to dish.

Accomodation - was purpose built away from the bustle of the pub. it was clean, new and surprisingly spacious.

Would we go back again... most definately.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

Superb accommodation,great Thai food,nothing was too much trouble for our hosts, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011
Dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

This pub, with its rooms out the back in a purpose built annex is really conveniently situated. It is only a few miles from Chilford Hall at Linton and just a quick bus ride from the centre of Cambridge. The Thai food is excellent as is the warm welcome from the owners. The one downside is that they only have a few rooms so they will become fully booked easily. Book them while you can!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed in a local B&B and went here for a meal. The Thai food was well cooked and arrived very quickly, served by the charming and friendly restaurant. HOWEVER, the pub owner/landlord appeared to be Al Murray "The Pub Landlord". He and his bunch of "laddish" 40 year olds made the most incredible noise with their banter and whooping gales of laughter - having a good time with your mates is fine but other customers, like me, found it far too intrusive. I think he bellowed 5 times that he'd just bought a new Range Rover - very Essex - and spent all his time "the wrong side of the bar" as they say in pub circles. Would I return? Only with very effective ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnCharles1950
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

Despite my expected late arrival where I expected to book in at approx 10pm, the proprietor offered to keep me a meal back for warming up on my arrival if I missed the restaurant. This went down very well and put me at ease straight away.

Upon arrival I was shown straight to the restaurant and was told that I could book in when i was good and ready, whatever time that might be. So after a delicious thai lamb curry and a couple of cooling pints I decided to book in. I was so glad that I didnt hang about as the room was delightful, and very inviting with the temperatures outside already minus 5 and expected to reach down to minus 11. I had one of the best sleeps in years followed by a lovely breakfast.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough; my only disappointment is that the pub isnt at the end of my road as I would have truly liked to sink a few pints and stayed to shoot the breeze with the landlord who is a spitting image of Al Murray (with beard).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

We didn't stay in the B&B but only came for food. And what a gem it was! Three of us had starters (tempura vegetables, squid and tomyam soup) followed by Beef massaman currry, chicken with pineapple in sweet and sour sauce and spicy duck dish. Flavours are fantastic, it's authentic Thai cooking at its best - all cooked by Thai chef called Oi. Service is friendly. The landlady did her utmost to help us find the table as the pub was quite full. Excellent experience. Next time we are in the area we'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
The John Barleycorn
The John Barleycorn
#1 of 2 in Duxford
Red Lion Whittlesford Bridge

Been to Three Tuns? Share your experiences!