My girlfriend and I booked a one night stay in the Lipa Lovely resort as sleepover transfer to Koh Tao the next day. This means we arrived in the afternoon and already left next morning.
Because we arrived mid-september during the low season, there weren’t many guests. Still our room was located in the ‘second wing’ at the north side of the resort. You have to follow a small trail (which was not well maintained) parallel with the sea to get there and it can be quiet dark at night. You can also hear the party music of the neighbouring resort, but once you’re actually inside your bungalow it is not that annoying. Room and toilet were clean and we received towels for swimming/washing.
Like most of the people here already mentioned: the Big John restaurant is expensive compared to the few local ones at the other side of the street. It seemed to me most of the guests did already knew that. There wasn’t a single person having their evening meal in the resort and the restaurant was already closed when we came back at 22.00 pm. We had a delicious meal in one of the small street restaurants and supported the local economy in our own way… Breakfast however we had in the resort. You have to cross a list with the western and non-western food you desire on your plate (eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles fruit, vegetables,…). The restaurant has a pool-table, library and free Wi-Fi. In fact it is the only place in the resort where you have access to internet.
Seaside and view are ok, but not exceptional. Beach is white and soft, sea is clear without rocks and corals. Remember that when sea level is rising, the beach becomes a small strip. Central in the resort is the (small) pool located. There is also a small enclosed hut nearby where you can get yourself a 12 dollar massage. This area of the resort is spacious, well-maintained and leaves a professional impression, but you’re cut off from any activities and accommodation. Due to the isolation I’m glad I only stayed for one night.
The staff at the reception was very friendly and did a tremendous job in finding us a ferry to Koh Tao the next day. As we arrived on the day the Full Moon Party on Koh Samui ended, it is not difficult to imagine how packed the boats would be…. But after several phone calls to almost every existing ferry company, they arranged us a reservation and the tickets. We payed 200 THB on top off that to grab the hotel taxi to the northern pier.
Overall we had a great layover on our way to Koh Tao, and I’m sure I would enjoyed it if we stayed longer. But I cannot imagine spending a 2 week holiday here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located on the West Coast of Koh Samui, which offers stunning sunset views with our beach front location. Our beach is quiet and suitable for swimming and playing on the sand. Ideal for travelers seeking tranquility and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lipa Lovely Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lipa Lovely Hotel Lipa Noi
- Lipa Lovely Hotel
- The Lipa Lovely Beach Resort Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand