“Beautiful beach, views, loved it”

The Lipa Lovely Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We came in from the US tired, and it was really nice to wake up to the ocean virtually right outside our room. One advantage of coming to Thailand during low season was the great rates, and choice of beachfront rooms. The restaurant had a nice menu with lots of Thai stuff to try, and tasty. There was some construction next door, but only lasted a day, with the rest of the time really peaceful. I am extending our stay, as the rates are really great for this type of place during this time of year. Last year we stayed up in Chaweng, which was really a rat race, and I wish we knew about this area before. I finally finished a book I had been reading for a few days. Man, the sunset was amazing, another thing you don't find in Chaweng. Cheap and plesant enough to hang out at for a couple of weeks. Great hassel free walks along the beach. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Aerobraking

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We picked the Lipa Lovely after contacting the hotel,as we had seen some bad reviews about the resort,they informed us all the problem were sorted out.We arrived at 2 pm,to find out that both sides of the resort had building work being carried out.by this we mean bulldocher digging up trees and flatting land about 3 feet away from our room.
We complained at reception,but they would not help us and said it was only during the day,it was from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm ,also they would not give us a refund.The room we had was very old,with huge gaps in the widow frames where everyhting got int othe room.The sheets were very damp and the shower was cold.We complained for 3 days and then just checked out and moved to Nathon.If you like to live on a building site,this hotel is for you,if you want a holiday goes somewhere else.We felt let down as the hotel had lied to us about everything we had asked/

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank headmasterlondon
Reviewed April 12, 2011

After a slight room hiccup on arrival which the resort manager sorted out quickly we were more than delighted with our stay at this resort. A long White sandy beach to walk along, pleasant staff & excellent housekeeping . The breakfast was nicely laid out with a selection of breakfast food for all taste . We noticed gardening staff sweeping the resorts beach area twice a day,we were impressed. The nearby town was approx 20 minuets by car/ taxi from the resort & had a variety of shops & restaurants . The resort location was fabulous & the sunsets wonderful. Selecting this resort was a great choice , we loved it.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

The only thing this place has going for it is the location and views. We were booked for 9 nights but checked out after 5. Our room was nothing to rave about,had to unplug the fridge if wanted to use dvd player. Bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks. Had a leaking toilet twice, no power for 1 day, no water for 2 days. Staff weren't very helpful. Our room was next to the staffs quarters which kept us up at night from all the racket they were making. Dont recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I think the people who rated this hotel a 5 star hotel never stayed in a 4 or 5 star hotel. The rooms are terrible. You have a door between 2 different rooms. That means you hear every little noise from the other room. The staff dont really wants to help you if you have a problem, they cant manage the hotel like it should be managed. The location is the only positive thing about this hotel, it is very quiet and relaxing.The food at the breakfast buffet was awful. I cant recommend this hotel, but maybe you can have a nice holiday there.

Reviewed December 18, 2010

This place is paradise!
The staff are just wonderful so friendly make you feel totally at home and cannot do enough to help you, wether it is giving you information about the local area or booking trips for you etc.
The food in the restaurant is outstanding and the breakfast more than worth waking up for! Book libary to swap and borrow in bar which is great!
Being on the beach this place has amazing view and even though it is a stretch of public beach it is just so peaceful and you will only see a few people dotted about chilling out. and if you have the beach front bungalow you will have your own loungers in front of your chalet, the strip of beach is lined with palm trees and is just a lil taste of paradise! very romantic and the perfect place to totally unwind and forget all your worrys.
The bungalows are in excellent condition, cleaned and tidied daily.
Massage hut! you have to try! awsome massage!
We took one day trip from here which was great aranged via reception but apart from that didnt leave for the time we stayed because we were so happy and relaxed.
You will not be disappointed with this resort it is beautiful and we hope to return again. Great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tinaatkins1
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I was a little bit nervous when I booked my stay at The Lipa Lovely Resort after reading so many mixed reviews. I stayed 3 nights on my own waiting to meet some friends to arrive on the ferry in the next few days to go on to Chaweng.

I was pleasantly surprised by the resort, it exceeded any expectations I had had from both tripadvisor reviews and also the state of their website.

The staff were very friendly and the service was very good despite a few language barrier hiccups here and there.

Because I was alone I spoke to their manager a lot as well as some of the staff, who were all fairly new as well as the chef. I found out that the resort had changed over management a few times in the past few years. Which is why I can now understand such mixed reviews about the place.

The food was a little bit inconsistent in the restaurant, probably because the chef was new, but Thai food was definitely always a safe and delicious option!

I do agree that the location is a little secluded, which is an ideal aspect for many tourists, but definitely needed to be cleaned up a bit from the rubbish that had been swept up on to the beach from the sea.

The rooms are very basic, but are clean and spacious, which is all I really needed because most of the time was spent getting massages and relaxing on the beach.

The main downer was the amount of renovation that was going on, but they gave me a room that wasn't affected by the noise and they were very conscious of noise levels while I was in the restaurant.

I also see this as a plus because in the three days I was there so much got done; a new roof extension was added on the restaurant, a new bar area was made and the reception looked a lot nicer too.

I will be coming back to Samui at the end of the year with my family and we have already booked our stay. I really hope to see these improvements continuing and am excited to see how everythings turns out when I return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
#13 of 51 in Lamai Beach
Escape Beach Resort
Escape Beach Resort
#10 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to The Lipa Lovely Beach Resort? Share your experiences!