Surya Muni Spiritual Healing Center
Authentic, straight-talking Oma Eve

Reviewed July 9, 2019
TravellingDowells
Melbourne, Australia
Part of your healing journey

Reviewed June 20, 2019
MissMartaLena
via mobile

All reviews healing center thai massage an open heart life changing experience every morning at home the real deal learn how two nights every night unforgettable experience on a daily basis an open mind sense of humour yoga instructor karma claus
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2019

We found our way to Suryamuni and Eve without really knowing what to expect. Of course we had researched the many resort style retreats available and were drawn to the simplistic and authentic nature of Suryamuni Healing Centre. It is run by a warm-hearted Thai lady, Eve, from her home. She has three dogs that welcome you every morning, they are good dogs and are always welcome of some attention. Eve hosts her guests around her large table and recounts stories from her life and gets to know you through this informal way. From the beginning, Eve invites you to ask questions and to be open and honest; if you are inclined to approach your experience in this way then Eve's values and advice will be helpful for you. The detox 'cappuccino' takes your breath away and Eve advises you to take your time with it and is checking in with how you are feeling regularly. The yoga in the morning is invigorating and you can bow out without judgement at any time, Marina (the yoga instructor) checks in and guides your stretches with consideration to your needs. Next is breakfast, and after detox and the yoga, you will have the munchies! The breakfast is cooked eggs on toast, with fresh fruit and yoghurt and is just perfect for the occasion. In amongst this time, we discuss and write mantras, performing them when the group is up to it; sometimes you might feel weird in the body or be tired and so she will not press you to sit and perform the chants. It definitely has a flexible and 'flowy' feel to it so go with that and you'll have a great experience. The massages are great and are at a seperate massage parlour down the road. The rooms (down the road from the centre) are very simple, with working air conditioning, televisions and wifi. It's not flash but a good enough place to relax after sessions. We explored the other resorts around the area and paid to enjoy their pools and atmosphere when we needed to. All in all take it for what it is and enjoy.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

I met Eve last year for a chakra cleanse. She was very accurate in all she told me without knowing much my past. The thing that intrigued me the most is when notified me that she could see a black spot in my uterus and it was growing. I followed her recommendations and seen my doctor once returned home; sure enough Eve was right. I was told I had a fibroid and it is growing. I visited Eve again this year and my only wish is I wish I visited her sooner so I could have done the detox. She is always welcoming and kind to me. I feel she is one of my guides to help me achieve my optimal physical and spiritual health. Looking forward to visiting her again.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

If there were six stars I would give them!
Thank you to Evie & Claus for an amazing experience.

Should you be looking for a 5* Spa experience, this is not it. The time here is more important than anything money can buy & what you may be used to. It can be intense and you should be ready for that firstly.

I believe everyone's experience will be different, Evie has a gift & this will depend on the person & what they require. Perhaps you will visit her first to discuss. But an open mind & heart is a must, no expectation.

Personally I would have slept outside with the Dogs for this opportunity. I didn't care what type of room it was or for strict order, I went with the flow & it worked. This coming from someone who can be uptight & likes 5*! But in this position those things were irrelevant & I embraced it all.

Meals were delicious. The 1-to-1 healing session is something that cannot be described as is personal to all. Yoga & massages good. And the detox tea, well it isn't tasty but it does the job.  Lol.

Claus was also so helpful & Welcoming. As a group we enjoyed some great unexpected afternoon trips. It was like a family.

Thank you so much for this time which I will remember forever. I got much more from this than I expected and great value so all can enjoy, it is not a commercial money making enterprise. Evie does from the heart and that is felt. ❤

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Katem_b
Reviewed February 7, 2019

I arrived to Evie at a time where I was burnout from working and living in an extremely stressful and toxic environment. My heart was bruised and I didn't know how to love myself the way I loved others..I was in a dark place...and then I was led across the world to visit Evie! A magical light was found within me...I have never taken the time for myself before: and here I was on a island: at a healing retreat, meditating, taking a detox tea, practicing yoga, having a karma cleansing...Who am I?!?!

Evie is simply stated a magical soul! She made me see something in myself that I didn't know was there, she helped heal me on so many different levels, I am still understanding nearly 4 months later! It her love, her care, it's her delicious food, its her whole being that helped me to a lighter, brighter and happier place within myself!

Surya Muni is place that you have to want to be at. For you. It is magical. It is everything I didn't I know needed and more! I am so eternally grateful that I was led to come here!

Date of experience: November 2018
3  Thank Tlk913
Reviewed December 30, 2018

Eve is the real deal in the realm of healers and spiritual guides. I was skeptical, not wanting a charlatan or a commercial retreat site (covering expenses and keeping the lights on is fine with me however). She actually charged me *less* than the quoted amount we had agreed upon by email, throwing me into a tailspin of confusion!

Her highest priority is the quality of her healing work, which is impeccable, with Klaus assisting. Second is logistics, so you may need to wait for your ride and the accommodations are comfortable and air conditioned but not luxury. The food is amazingly tasty vegetarian fare with egg and sometimes tofu.

When my sister and I arrived, there were 2 other people receiving healing. The structure of the retreat was relaxed (morning coffee/mantra puja followed by yoga followed by breakfast, healing at midday if that's your day, otherwise free time until dinner, Thai massage whichever time you prefer to schedule it). I did not do a physical detox. I was profoundly surprised by sublime quality of the healing energy she invoked during my session as my expectations had been quite low. I received information to help me get deeply painful confusions in my life back on track and moved into clarity. The healing was likely one of the odder experiences of my life, but the proof is in the pudding and the pudding is excellent! Go to Evie and Klaus for healing if you are open to new and deep methods.

Date of experience: December 2018