We stayed @ Rajapruek in a beach bungalow for 3 nights. The bungalow was very nicely decorated in the inside and is very spacious compared to rooms we have stayed in at other resorts. The whole front of the bungalow is made of glass which gives you lots of light and a feel of openness. I read the post of someone in April who said everything here was horrible and dirty, but I think they definitely made a change as everything in this resort was clean and tidy - the gardens are kept and there is a sparkling clean swimming pool right in front facing the beach.
The staff was wonderful - very friendly and helpful. Reception lady was great- her english was good and she always smiled, greeted you and asked how your day was.
The food on the restaurant menu was good, so no problems there either.
The resort is on a very quiet location of koh samui so this can be good in the sense that it is very peaceful here, but not so good in the sense that its far away from the main areas of koh samui.
The only negative we found is that its far away from everything (shopping/restaurants etc) so you are pretty much stuck at the resort unless you are prepared to pay around 700 baht (one way) for the taxi to take you where stuff's happening. This means an extra 1400 baht if you want to go out to a restaurant in say, Chaweng for the night.
Before we stayed at rajapruek, we spent a week close to Chaweng at fisherman's village so everything - the shops, restaurants and night life was close by. Thus, we did welcome the quiet and peace after we got to explore most of Koh Samui. For this reason i would not recommend staying here if this is your first time on the island as you would pay through your ears for transport if you want to go somewhere each day.
The beaches on this side of Koh samui is not as great as Chaweng and Lamai (where you find those powdery white beaches with the turquoise waters). Nevertheless, you can definitely still swim here or just relax on the beach.
Worth mentioning also is Big John's restaurant close by (to the left of the resort) on the beach - a great place to go eat and have some drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free your mind and unleash your imagination as you set foot on the pristine beach of Koh Samui, Thailand. Our resort is a destination of quiet beauty where one can enjoy the caress of the breeze and the whispers of waves on the sand. Rajapruek Samui Resort is located along the gulf of Siam and on the serene beachfront of Lipa Noi, which is also known as Sunset Beach, one of Koh Samui's renowned private beaches. Adding to the scenery is the magnificent sunset combined with our friendly service, ensuring that your stay at the resort is peaceful and awe-inspiring. Our beach is certainly ideal for children. With its shallow waters, it is very safe for the little ones to enjoy a swim. Take pleasure from our resort at your leisure, be it swimming, canoeing, sailing or pampering yourself with a session of our relaxing massage treatment, such as oil and Thai massages. Rajapruek Samui Resort is the perfect place to spend your holiday on Koh Samui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rajapruek Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rajapruek Samui Hotel Lipa Noi
- Rajapruek Samui Koh
- Rajapruek Samui Resort Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand