I was looking for a tropical getaway with a great view, on a good beach where I could rest and relax. My husband and I found all that plus with a pool area that had plenty of canvas covered daybeds with cushions for lounging, a dj spinning club music, and staff waiting to offer us fresh towels, adjust our umbrellas, or bring us food from the kitchen or drinks from the bar. It was a private escape at our bungalow room and a trendy scene at the pool.
The location is remote for Koh Samui. You'll need a car if you want to get around for exploring or to dine at other restaurants as there are not many nearby. I, personally, love this aspect of the hotel although from reading some other reviews, I can see that some people dislike it. I think you have to know what you want before you make a booking anywhere and, of course, you should research to see if what you are getting is going to be what you want. At Nikki Beach, you are going to have a lovely sandy beach mostly to yourselves. The water is somewhat shallow and you can take advantage of the free kayaks. There are no touts, no jet skis, no beach vendors. You'll have lovely sunset views as the hotel is on the western side of the island and you can see the islands of the National Marine Park on the horizon. I read a complaint about jellyfish on TA. Jellyfish can occur anywhere and are subject to tides, seasons, and winds. During my one week stay, I never saw one. I have lived in tropical ocean zones most of my life - sometimes you get jellyfish. There is always the pool.
Another complaint I read was about the food. I found the food to be very good although I ate at the pool or room service. Is it cheap? No. I have never found a 4/5 star hotel that had cheap food. Its always more expensive than the restaurants outside but you are paying for convenience. I'm picky and I very much enjoyed everything from the lobster to the steak sandwiches. I wasn't expecting Michelin stars, I just wanted tasty food. Breakfast was included and the seating is outside. An omelette station is set up outside with made to order omelettes. Inside the bakery is delicious freshly made breads, an assortment of fresh fruits (where in 7 days I never saw an ant like a previous review), cheeses, and about 6 different silver covered heated trays holding bacon, hash browns, asian breakfast offerings. I missed the Sunday brunch as we had gone diving so I can't report on that.
I highly recommend Nikki Beach and will definitely stay here again when I return to Koh Samui. I'm a bit older and past my party days. I thought the trendy pool and dj music would make me uncomfortable but I found that I quite liked reading books, drinking wine, and cooling off in the pool and people watching. If it got too much for me, I just moved next door to the private beach area for the bungalows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Thailand Beach Resort, Nikki Beach features 48 world-class accommodations, including expansive villas, seaview suites, private beach bungalows and more - all resting exquisitely on our pristine white sandy beach. Guest can enjoy the luxury of king size beds draped with Egyptian cotton sheets, 42 inch LCD TVs, free wireless internet on entire property, his and her sinks, his and her closets, vanity desk, large private veranda and full service in room dining. Additional amenities include a 75-meter swimming pool, petanque field with complimentary pastis, kayaks, mountain bikes, massage sala, and more. Check In : 3PM Check Out: 12PM ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Nikki Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikki Beach Bungalow Hotel Lipa Noi
- Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lipa Noi, Thailand